Re: The best thing that could be done for B5

Post by Lemon Wolf »

Yes i am.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I knew I'd seen this work somewhere before.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Do you have a link to any more of your work?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Lemon Wolf wrote:Thx :)

I am using Lightwave 3D (which was also used in the B5 Production) and After Effects.
I love After Effects :D
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Lemon Wolf
Petty officer third class
Petty officer third class

Post by Lemon Wolf »

Rochey wrote:Do you have a link to any more of your work?
I am planning to put up a project page when i made some more progress :)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cool. Make sure to send a link our way. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Say, Lemon Wolf, do you ever render your own designs, or say, custom Star Trek ships?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Moonshadow
Petty officer first class

Post by Moonshadow »

I think giving B5's fx a good tweaking might not be a bad thing. Overall, they weren't terribly bad. They weren't great eitehr. I think the problem I always had was with the sets. Too many of the sets, such as the Zocalo - specifically those stairs/ladders in the main corridors going up to the color coded corridors. Those walls always seemed...incomplete. With shows like Star Trek, at least the sets gave you some feeling of being on a starship. Same with BSG - the old and new versions. The bridge of the White Stars gave me the same feeling. While they did look like an alien built ship, there was always something about them that felt slapped together. The consoles didn't seem like they were mounted to the deck (see also in ST Nemesis and St Voyager - The Void where cosoles get beamed off and there's no 'imprint' of where they were) The Earth Force ships - the smaller ones, like Sheridan's old command with the safety harnesses and zero g, were good. Mind you. I've had the same problem with some aspects of Trek - the sequence in ST First Contact where Picard and Lily arre walking through a corridor and there's some sort of elevated structure about waist high running the length of the hallway - they come through a door and turn a corner, walk some more, and then they're out in the open main corridor again. Lost in Space - the Movie had a similar problem. The helm console was seen to be shaking in the sun sequence.
The customs area of B5 and the hangar bay also seemed unfinished. I also didn't like that the controls on the consoles didn't give the illusion of being functional.Story wise, B5 was excellent. These are just some simple aesthetic nit picks I have.
Could the fx be tweaked? Possibly. FX technology has made huge leaps over the years. I wouldn't mind seeing it myself.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

All good points.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Since B5 used an entirely artificial Special Effects system, it probably wouldn't be that hard to do.
Moonshadow

Post by Moonshadow »

Something I would truly love to see is the original BSG getting the update treatment. I know, the new series is supposed to essentially do that anyway, but I'm talking about taking the original, give the fx a much needed facelift, not unlike what Lucas did for Star Wars.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Moonshadow wrote:Something I would truly love to see is the original BSG getting the update treatment. I know, the new series
New series? Sorry if I'm being dense but there's a new series?
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

colmquinn wrote:
Moonshadow wrote:Something I would truly love to see is the original BSG getting the update treatment. I know, the new series
New series? Sorry if I'm being dense but there's a new series?
The 2003/4-2009 series created and produced by Ron D Moore.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Oh good sweet zombie jesus - I totally misread that post - I thought it meant a new new series :oops: (its early in the morning here and coffee hasn't kicked in yet)
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Moonshadow

Post by Moonshadow »

colmquinn wrote:Oh good sweet zombie jesus - I totally misread that post - I thought it meant a new new series :oops: (its early in the morning here and coffee hasn't kicked in yet)
(Cue: computer chirp for PA system) Lt Cmdr Quinn, please report to the mess hall for caffeine infusion, Lt Cmdr Quinn, please report to the mess hall for caffeine infusion.