nBSG ep "The Oath"

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

nBSG ep "The Oath"

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, shit really hit the fan this week, eh?

Poor Laird, I liked him. :cry:
Some disagreements between Zarek and Gaeta on how to run the mutiny. Could cause problems for them in the future.
Adama reminds us once again why he kicks ass.
Baltar joining up with Roslin to save his own ass was pretty predictable. Still nice to see him being of some use though.
The first time in ages I've been happy to see Starbuck.

I predict that the casualty rate among the background characters is going to go through the frakking roof over the next week or two. One thing I loved was the inclusion of minor characters from the past in this week's events, like Kelly leading the marines.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: nBSG ep "The Oath"

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I sincerely hope the mutineers get what's coming to them. I was trying to find the variationg of nBSGs opening text, you know the whole "X amount of survivors, in search of a home" etc. All the versions since season 1, but I found some other quotes and I'm starting to wonder if this may work it's way back to Adama's speech during the decomissioning ceremony: (from IMDB):
Adama: The Cylon War is long over, yet we must not forget the reasons why so many sacrificed so much in the cause of freedom. The cost of wearing the uniform can be high, but...
[very long pause]
Adama: sometimes it's too high. You know, when we fought the Cylons, we did it to save ourselves from extinction. But we never answered the question "Why?" Why are we as a people worth saving? We still commit murder because of greed and spite, jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything that we've done, like we did with the Cylons. We decided to play God, create life. And when that life turned against us, we comforted ourselves in the knowledge that it really wasn't our fault, not really. You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Kevsha
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kevsha »

all the more reason why i hate gaeta. tom zerek is a great character, he was never to be trusted and it was obvious he would not lose his ambition. he has wanted adama dead since season 1 and he is uning gaeta as his tool to do so. what a cliff hanger to leave the episode in. i would think that is roslin can get herself to the base ship she can use the base ship to gain levrage over the fleet and over tommy Z as all the ship captains seemed egar to hear from her. i know were comming down to the wire here, but i have a hard time believing that they will kill either adama or tigh here but people do have a habbit of dying if this show, and like i said, its down to the wiper so they are pulling out all the stops.

this is getting damn good!
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Frack em all, send the centurians over to knock em into shape :twisted:
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Who'd have thought little Cally enjoyed a Hotdog with her order of ears. Its been a great series, but its gonna be hard rewatching the earlier episodes knowing who the characters will turn into.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

I was finally able to download the show form Itunes, and yes this was a good romp. I hope Gaeta gets his and its a number eight that does it!
Genius insania et conseri manum
Kevsha
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kevsha »

USS Aeon wrote:I was finally able to download the show form Itunes, and yes this was a good romp. I hope Gaeta gets his and its a number eight that does it!

forget that, i hope adama stomps his ass
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Kevsha wrote:
USS Aeon wrote:I was finally able to download the show form Itunes, and yes this was a good romp. I hope Gaeta gets his and its a number eight that does it!

forget that, i hope adama stomps his ass
IDK, I'd kind of like to see Roslin and the base ship come crashing down on his an Zareks a$$.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

How about Adama enlisting the help of the Cylons to assist him and his loyalist marines in retaking Galactica, with him storming the CIC with a pack of Centurions and Marines at his back?
[/fanboyism]
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Adama, leader of the UCC (United Cylon Colonial) or (United Colonial Cylon) forces! Greatness!!!!!!! :happydevil:

:apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc: :apc:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu