DITL Battles rules review

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: DITL Battles rules review

Post by Lt. Staplic »

that's what I asked Rochey about the orrigional x3 multiplyer.

Basicly he said it's so the weaker phasers, (like the ones on Mark's Cluster) actually do some damage worthy of note. which I agree with, the downside is that then you get phaser power like what Me and Tsuki have and the x3 thing makes it so in three hits we've destoyed a section of hull. a tiered system would allow the weaker ones to still have stregnth and the stronger ones to be more realistic. using the lower ones multiplyer when you cross tiers to get the relative stregnth between the two.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

It's OK with me, I just think it wouldn't have an effect on parity so much as drawing out the action. Which I don't mind, BTW.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

we'll see what Rochey wants to do.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Work out your suggestion of a tiered system (as in, the various multipliers you want to use), and throw it in here. We can then compare them and see which system works best.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Tiered Phaser Rule wrote:Phasers that have a total output below 5,000TW do 3x their wattage in damage. Phasers that do a total output between 5,000 and 20,000 TW do 2x their wattage in damage. Phasers that do a total output over 20,000TW simply do their wattage in damage. If the two ships have phaser levels from two different tiers, the lower multiplyer is used for both when calculating damage.
Everyone ok with the numbers?
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

so anymore rules or are we ready to get this party started?