Thoughts on the Wars of the Week.

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Thoughts on the Wars of the Week.

Post by Deepcrush »

Like I said, if you or anyone has an idea just let me know. I'll look into everything and see what I can find. That way I can class it. WoTW, BoTW and N/A.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

The alpha quadrant alliance vs the MU Klingon, Bajoran, and Cardassians......................how about it???
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mirror Universe

Klingon Empire - An impressive super power of the AQ. Though they haven't shown the abilities of the AQ KE in terms of fleet power there really isn't a reason they couldn't just match it but surpass it. Seeing how they have the resources of the TOS UFP systems. Given time they could no doubt turn that mass stretch of resource and slave labor into a huge fleet rather quickly.

Cardassian Union - These guys don't seem to much different from the AQ-CU. I would guess their fleet matches the pre-DW for the AQ-CU in numbers. Not taking losses fighting the KE or UFP would mean a long standing and well built fleet. Other then that, again I say their about the same. Maybe even better. I could see them upgrading their whole Galor fleet to Keldons. They'd have the time and resources to do so. Building up ones forces is far far easier when you don't have to replace losses at the same time.

Bajor - Bajor would most likely provide troops in rather strong numbers. BUT! Bajor has never shown us a solid standing fleet of any kind nor the ablity to build or crew one. Bajor wouldn't be able to help much in the war in space.

Alpha Quadrant Allies

United Federation of Planets - I'm going to stick with the pre DW fleet. Though this would include everything built up to day one of the DW. DITL has this fleet well listed and counted. Also the plans (DITL Theory, of which I agree strongly) that SF put forward to ready for the DW are also listed.

Klingon Empire - We don't really have a lot of info on the pre DW KDF build up. Its going to be a good bit of guess work but I'd think the KDF would break about even. Fighting the CU and the UFP before the DW plus their losses against DS9 and from Cardi raids.

Romulan Star Empire - Again, we're really unsure about the RSE. I disagree a bit on DITL's take for them. I would think their fleet would to at the least equal the CU numbers. Otherwise it would be hard for me to picture them as being above the CU and being so solid in the BIG THREE status. A number under a thousand D'D would shock me. Otherwise they're little more the equals against the CU and that doesn't seem right.

Cardassian Union - These guys are a possible add in seeing how they switched sides during the war. DITL's stats seem to make a fair deal of sense so I'm not going to say much more unless needed.

All in all, I think this would make a good war. If anyone has anything that they might want added or questions answered I'd be happy to help. Otherwise I think this could be our next WoTW.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I think this could be the one :mrgreen:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Does anyone have any thoughts on the short notes I put up? If so let me know, otherwise that's the base for Saturday when I post the WoTW. Yall got now just tweenfor hrs now ya heer!
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Yee haw. Ger 'er done! :mrgreen:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Yes indeed. Get it finished.

:P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Since no one objects I will work up a WoTW tomorrow and have it up in the next 24 hours. Everyone should go watch what Mirror Universe and Dominion War Eps they can until then.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cool, should be an ineteresting one. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Final thoughts.

MU-KE will be boosted overall fleet by 50% to show their greater reasources.
MU-CU will upgrade their Galor fleet to Keldon class to show their greater reasources preperation.
MU-Bajor will supply ground troops but their ships (or what passes as them) will remain in the MU-Bajoran system.

MU-RSE are going to be a coin toss and open for the members in the thread to decide which side they'll join.
AQ-CU are going to be a coin toss and open for the members in the thread to decide which side they join.

AQ-UFP will be the same as the DITL listing, minus they haven't lost any ships yet.
AQ-KDF will be the same as the DITL listing, minus they haven't lost any ships yet.
AQ-RSE will be roughly doubled in power, listed at an even 1000 D'D class starships.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I thought that the MU Romulans had been conqured
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

No, the MU Romulans where still around. MU Sisko was in fact working on alliance with them when he died.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

As in fitting with a war, there will not be just a single mass battle but a series of them. Those in the debate will solve out who wins what and by how much. The MU will be the attacker to start and I will allow the flow of the war to change by how you all figure each battle. I'm working on the write up now and will post up tomorrow.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Part one of the Latest War of the Week is up. Take your time with this one, I've added notes to help people along.