The Worst Book You Ever Read

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: The Worst Book You Ever Read

Post by Mikey »

Don't forget describing a brutal murder as just reward for people who disagree with her nonsense.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And let's not forget her "subtly" attacking her critics in dialogue in her books.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Another thing about KT. In 'Revelation', she wrote bow Jaina felt guilty that her hands were apparenlty spotless, grime-free and had no callouses. In other words, a pampered princess.

Wanna know what Jaina's very first scene in the YJK was? Do yah?

"Just a minute." Jaina's voice echoed hollowly inside the barrel-shaped hulk of corroded machinery that took up half of her quarters.
Yeah...

When you contradict the YJK...

YOU MAKE JON ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Woops, okay everybody back up, transformation in progress! :wink: :)
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hell, it even blatantly contradicts....oh, just everything else that Jaina ever appeared in! Seriously, throughout the entire NJO she was constantly fighting on the front lines.

Of course, this is from the woman who brags that she never read a single SW book. It's no bloody wonder that she's having people act completely out of character - she doesn't even know what their characters are.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Calling Jaina a pampered princess completely and totally misses her character. It's not even bad characterization, it's totally not even knowing what it should be.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Well now she's free to start shatting all over the Gears of War franchise.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Tyyr wrote:Calling Jaina a pampered princess completely and totally misses her character. It's not even bad characterization, it's totally not even knowing what it should be.
it's like... Bizarro Jaina, from a SW mirrorverse or something.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Well now she's free to start shatting all over the Gears of War franchise.
And fucking that series up completely as well, if half of what I've heard is true.

I swear, Travis must have a fetish for genetically-enhanced super soldiers. Next thing you know she'll be writing 40K books.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Sionnach Glic wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:Well now she's free to start shatting all over the Gears of War franchise.
And f***ing that series up completely as well, if half of what I've heard is true.

I swear, Travis must have a fetish for genetically-enhanced super soldiers. Next thing you know she'll be writing 40K books.
And somehow, some way, she'll take it too far even with that series.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Next thing you know she'll be writing 40K books.
I can see it now:
It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred weeks the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a few dozen worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom twenty souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet Even In his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Limited battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Tiny armies give battle in his name on a couple of worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Ad'ept'us A's'tar'tes, the Space Mandos, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are nothing: the irrelevant Imperial Guard and no planetary defence forces, the Space Mandos are more than enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and Jedi.

To Be A man in such times is to be one amongst untold dozens. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I know very little of 40K Seafort... and yet somehow I know that's what the idiot would do to it. Excellent writing.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Seafort - absolutely golden. ROFLMAO.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

You know, I almost feel like I've got to read a Traviss book, simply so I can say I've read her shit.

Meh, Ithe skimming of her SW books in the bookstore should be enough.