Isaac Arthur Youtube Channel

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Isaac Arthur Youtube Channel

Post by Monroe »

For about two years now I've greatly enjoyed this channel. There's a group of these scientific guys who I've actually been able to have conversations with and I found them all pretty early so it really is cool to see their channels grow. The first one I thought I'd share is Isaac and his amazing videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZFipe ... Ujx6grh54g
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Isaac Arthur Youtube Channel

Post by Graham Kennedy »

clicks link...
watches... clicks...
watches... clicks...
watches... clicks...
watches... clicks...
watches... clicks...
glances at clock, notices four hours have passed...

Well, guess I have a new channel I have to subscribe to...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Here is a text site with similar ideas but on a smaller scale, talking about Elon Musk's million person colony on Mars, and how to avoid people going homeless there, and at the same time setting up a good civilization:
http://marshallbrain.com/mars.htm

Short version - how will we make a million person colony? By setting up smaller 'colonies' on Earth, using available refugees to serve as the initial population. Jobs would be available via computer, people would take jobs they want, and buffet style eating means everyone gets the equivalent of cruise ship style food every day. Each person would have a certain number of hours worth of work they have to do (so doing a lot more work earlier means you have time for vacation), and everyone would get free food, medical care, education, etc.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Dang, more millions of hours of content to spend.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.