New Laptop battery

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

New Laptop battery

Post by Teaos »

I need to buy a new battery for my laptop, a Sony Vaio, PCG-71911W

When I google I get like 100 different model numbers but not that specific one, I can find one the same but a L instead of the W. Or with only the first 4 digits.

IS there a site or a refernce somewhere that will tell me what works with what? I assume Batteries are used in several different models so numerous ones would work in my computer, but I cant find the right references anywhere.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: New Laptop battery

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Instead of searching by model of laptop, look on the battery itself for a model number.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

That is the model of the battery.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Is there a number "BPS26" or "BPS26A" on the battery? I'm seeing that come up in results. What's the model of the laptop? If you're unsure if you're looking at the right battery many e-stores will post a long list of compatible models for a laptop part.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who