Firefox 34....

LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Firefox 34....

Post by LaughingCheese »

Anyone upgraded?

Its ok for the most part, but I absolutely hate what they did to the search bar.

Its not the drop down thats the problem, but the search button under the right click context menu itself used to automaticallly change depending on what you had selected in the search bar, and now you have to actually type in the search bar to get options.

I have no idea how that is supposed to make your work flow faster, slows me down more than anything.

All I can think is they get money from google so it helps them if people are using google to search more. :bangwall:
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Firefox 34....

Post by Nutso »

LaughingCheese wrote:Anyone upgraded?

Its ok for the most part, but I absolutely hate what they did to the search bar.

Its not the drop down thats the problem, but the search button under the right click context menu itself used to automaticallly change depending on what you had selected in the search bar, and now you have to actually type in the search bar to get options.

I have no idea how that is supposed to make your work flow faster, slows me down more than anything.

All I can think is they get money from google so it helps them if people are using google to search more. :bangwall:
I have no idea why they changed the very convenient drop down options. I've resisted switching to Chrome for loyalty to Firefox. And personal comfort in not having to learn something new.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I always stick with the most current browser; to not be current is to invite higher risk of malware (though I'm also protected with NoScript, Adblock as well as layers outside of the browser). As a point of fact, the default search option has also changed to Yahoo (which is really powered by Microsoft Bing behind the scenes) in accordance with their new search deal with Yahoo after their last Google contract recently expired. In other locales (China, Russia, etc) other local search options are now default. I've stuck with FF since I've used it for years since it was the best alternative to IE (since before Chrome was launched) and I don't entirely like the way Chrome works.

I hadn't noticed the change in context menu behavior until this thread pointed it out.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Nutso wrote:
LaughingCheese wrote:Anyone upgraded?

I have no idea why they changed the very convenient drop down options. I've resisted switching to Chrome for loyalty to Firefox. And personal comfort in not having to learn something new.

Same here. Its annoying but, oh well. :?
Captain Picard's Hair wrote:I always stick with the most current browser; to not be current is to invite higher risk of malware (though I'm also protected with NoScript, Adblock as well as layers outside of the browser). As a point of fact, the default search option has also changed to Yahoo (which is really powered by Microsoft Bing behind the scenes) in accordance with their new search deal with Yahoo after their last Google contract recently expired. In other locales (China, Russia, etc) other local search options are now default. I've stuck with FF since I've used it for years since it was the best alternative to IE (since before Chrome was launched) and I don't entirely like the way Chrome works.
Makes sense, I figured it was something like that.
I hadn't noticed the change in context menu behavior until this thread pointed it out.
Sorry about that. :P