Disc Driver Problem

Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Disc Driver Problem

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Hey guys, am just wondering if anyone has any ideas.

I am trying to put some files onto a blank disc for my brother, but my disc drive isn't recognizing any blank discs. It still recognizes DVD, games, etc.

I've tried getting help from Microsoft but to no avail.

Anyone have any other ideas?
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Disc Driver Problem

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I assume you got the most recent drivers for the disc drive? Also, what program are you using to burn discs?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Well, the problem is that it's not registering the blank discs at all. For example, usually when I insert a disc, it would come up with an autoplay. But it's not even detecting the disc, so I can't actually do anything.

I've tried clicking on the drive directly, and it says "please insert a readable disc".

We've decided to utilize another brother's laptop as that is detecting the disc, just a heck of a lot slowly as I haven't gotten around to fixing it for him yet.

I think it's this heap of junk I have, it was supposed to be a temporary laptop because I couldn't survive without one, and just haven't got around to replacing it.

Thanks for your response, will teach me to rely on crap :)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I am going to ask a stupid question. Can your CD/DVD drive rewrite discs?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Happened to me. Clean the laser lense. I used a slightly damp fine paint brush. Worked like a charm.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.