Titanfall

LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Titanfall

Post by LaughingCheese »

Can anyone else not wait for this game???

Looks amazing:

http://youtu.be/qzYDrzk1xs4

I love the fact that your not just mechs all the time like MWO, it really integrates mechs/infantry pretty well it looks like and the ability to jump in and out of them on the fly.

Also, free running AND jet packs!!!!! WOW!
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Titanfall

Post by Tyyr »

Made by the CoD guys so... eh. I certainly want to see how it does but I'm not on the edge of my seat for it.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Tyyr wrote:Made by the CoD guys so... eh. I certainly want to see how it does but I'm not on the edge of my seat for it.

Interesting. Did not know that. I take it you don't like CoD? :P

Also it uses the Source engine, albeit heavily modified.

I dunno, seems pretty original.

I wonder if AMD's Kaveri APU will be able to play it??? That would be awesome.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

CoD is very much a goofy action game. It's like a quake deathmatch but with modern weapons. Plus, it's part of the awful trend of yearly installment games where minor tweaks are being sold at full price while multiplayer is broken so you have to upgrade. It's the Madden of modern military shooters. I found the Battlefield series to be VASTLY better, at least until EA managed to fuck it up as well.

Now Battlefield 4 is succumbing to Maddenitis, it's an expansion back to BF3 being sold at full price.

Lemme be clear, Titanfall does not look like CoD, but then CoD doesn't look like CoD in demos. I'm just not convinced that the guys who produced years of the same boring game are going to be able to shake all that and produce a new and innovative product. That Titanfall won't turn into another CoD with yearly releases and "OMG 720 NO SCOPE N00BS!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

What looks interesting about it is that its going to be a story driven multiplayer.

As far as I know, that hasn't been done before.

However, I'm still hoping someone decides to try for a high quality Gundam PC game, implementing all the mobile suits so far (even across many campaigns), along with the tanks and infantry.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Tyyr wrote:CoD is very much a goofy action game. It's like a quake deathmatch but with modern weapons. Plus, it's part of the awful trend of yearly installment games where minor tweaks are being sold at full price while multiplayer is broken so you have to upgrade. It's the Madden of modern military shooters. I found the Battlefield series to be VASTLY better, at least until EA managed to fuck it up as well.

Now Battlefield 4 is succumbing to Maddenitis, it's an expansion back to BF3 being sold at full price.

Lemme be clear, Titanfall does not look like CoD, but then CoD doesn't look like CoD in demos. I'm just not convinced that the guys who produced years of the same boring game are going to be able to shake all that and produce a new and innovative product. That Titanfall won't turn into another CoD with yearly releases and "OMG 720 NO SCOPE N00BS!"

I agree it is a little excessive and smells just a *tad* of milking it....

However I have really enjoyed BOI and II (BO :P).

Also its not like you have to upgrade, there are many people still playing Bad Company 2. Of course my friend and I only play locally with bots so we haven't really experienced the online that much.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

No, you don't have to upgrade, but the bulk of the community does. There are still player pools for older versions but nothing like the current one. I played Black Ops. About 150 hours according to Steam. It just never captured me. It was all too arcadey. Battlefield still isn't realistic, but it's a big step in the right direction for me. Then again I'm the kind of guy who thinks Rainbow Six was one of the best shooters ever made. The game where one tiny fuck up and everyone dies and a successful mission could see you fire six rounds.

That said, I would like Titanfall to be good. I would love for it to be good. mechs and infantry? Yes please. It's just being developed by a studio I have zero faith in. Sort of like Mass Effect 4. It's being developed but developed by Bioware so... meh.