Audio Stuttering

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Audio Stuttering

Post by Nickswitz »

For the last month or so I have been getting some random audio stuttering which also causes the input to lag quite a bit.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional

For my primary audio I am using a Logitech G930 headset which uses a USB wireless connector that has it's own audio drivers, I also have a 5.1 surround sound setup connected to the motherboard audio plugs, which is used when the Logitech G930 is not in use. Then I also have a TV hooked up and sometimes the audio will go through that when I am watching TV on it.

My video card is a Nvidia 660 graphics card with 2 DVI connected monitors a DisplayPort connected monitor and the aforementioned TV attached through HDMI.

My mouse and keyboard are routed through a KVM switch that takes the mouse and keyboard and puts them into a single USB connection that is routed to the PC and whatever other PC I need to use at the time. One of the DVI ports is changed to a VGA through an adapter and then routed through VGA to one of the monitor.

I am thinking it might be because of the KVM, that that may be causing some sort of interruption or something along those lines that is causing there to be too much input at a time or something along those lines, however I am also doubting that that is the case due to the audio glitching that googling has led me to believe that it is a processor interruption.

I ran a virus scan and it came up with nothing on my hard drives that wasn't expected, I have a few that come up as false positives but other than those there was nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas of what it could possibly be that's causing this.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Audio Stuttering

Post by Teaos »

Reboot?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Check for audio driver update.

Check if your processor is skipping (the Windows system report thing would be useful).

Check if you have aliens in you bedroom.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Every time I reboot it seems to happen more and more often.

I tried looking for driver updates, didn't find anything for the audio, updated Nvidia drivers, did nothing, and no other drivers were available to update.

The error logs were telling me a lot of DHCP errors and DNS errors, which is something else that I'm looking into to see what causes them, I shouldn't be getting error after error after error about DHCP, but there didn't seem to be anything regarding processor skipping or anything along those lines.

I don't think I have aliens, unless they are really small and hide very well.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang