Kerbal Space Program

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Kerbal Space Program

Post by Tyyr »

If it's bugging out on you attaching to radial decouplers attach the part somewhere else then come back to the decoupler, should work fine.

My Duna probe got build last night. One mapping satellite, four communications satellites, and two lander probes. The probe stack and nuclear engine alone are 212 parts. It easily could have been 312 but I started cutting down on all the extraneous decorations and parts on my satellites. Strapped to it's booster it's just over 400 parts. It's going to be a slideshow getting to orbit.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

0.2 is out! w00t!

It looks like they've fixed the attachment issue.

0.2 seems to have broken mouse controls tho. Anyone else having this issue? I can only zoom out. =\

Also its lagging bad for some reason. I'll try rebooting and such.

Alphas: fixing bugs and introducing others! :lol:
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Best update IMO, we can now select and sort active missions by type, which includes debris (allowing me to leave debris I consider important for realism).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

stitch626 wrote:Best update IMO, we can now select and sort active missions by type, which includes debris (allowing me to leave debris I consider important for realism).

Lucky you, still broken and laggy for me. :(

Also:

http://www.cafepress.com/kerbalspaceprogram

I like the mousepad and the "my other car is a rocket." Nice.

:laughroll:
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Two questions:
1) what specifically is laggy
2) what mods, if any, have you added
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

stitch626 wrote:Two questions:
1) what specifically is laggy
2) what mods, if any, have you added

I'll be as specific as I can but basically, everything. I guess that's low framerate.

Whenver I try to do anything its just slow, rotating camera; just imagine launching the game and everything is, well, less than smooth. Must have been those "optimizations."

Or maybe there's a new driver for linux..

And zero mods. My goal is to make it to Munar orbit in stock config.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Oh wait linux... sorry out of my expertise. nothing I could suggest other than the standard tech support suggestions.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

lol no worries. Im sure it'll get fixed sooner or later. It is an alpha after all.

EDIT:

Ah. So this is my bug:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/sho ... post381935

Interesting, I will try that partial solution.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

So had a failed launch today (too much thrust, the booster arms snapped). On the plus side my emergency eject worked, and while the capsule was floating back to Kerbin, there was a solar eclipse. All in all a decent afternoon of exploding rockets.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

stitch626 wrote:So had a failed launch today (too much thrust, the booster arms snapped). On the plus side my emergency eject worked, and while the capsule was floating back to Kerbin, there was a solar eclipse. All in all a decent afternoon of exploding rockets.

lol too much thrust. :laughroll:

KSP makes me want to get back into real model rocketry; used to launch those store bought ones with my dad ages ago, but we didn't do it that often for some dumb reason.

First one of those off the shelf model rockets.

Then building my own, then multi stage.

Then put an amateur satellite into orbit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CubeSat
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

0.20 Broke all previous mods and parts. I had to do a fresh install to be sure it was clean then I saw the performance improvement. Mostly it's them just cleaning up the code so that the game doesn't try to load everything regardless of whether or not you're using it. There's a work around for regular parts, just add "part{" before everything else in the part's config file then end it with "}" and it should work. Anything that needs a plugin to work is still up in the air though. Good news is the modders are reacting quickly and it's mostly just a matter of setting your mod up to use the new file structure and config protocols. I haven't heard of anything that is broke hard by the update.

The downside to it, from my perspective, is that the KSPX wasn't integrated into it. In fact it doesn't look like KSPX was added at all. It's especially odd given that the KSPX parts were already balanced with regards to stock parts, had good as stock models, and really should have required almost no work to integrate. It's really brutal because I relied on KSP parts HEAVILY with my rockets. The 2.5 stack battery, and 1/2 size 2.5m RCS tanks with 375 units of fuel. Seriously, who needs 750 units of RCS fuel on anything but a tanker? Also trying to hunt down the lights that I used to illuminate all my docking ports. The single part escape towers instead of needing 20+ parts to do it. Ugh. Tonight I'm going to suck it up and manually fix the files. My rockets are fucking ugly with baby RCS tanks hanging all over the place, battery packs strapped to the sides. Nothing I want a screen shot of. Oh, and no 2.5m dumb SAS modules. How are those not stock yet?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Thats odd, I have the exact same performance as before (well capped at 120pfs so maybe different beyond that) and all the mods that I had still work fine with no changes (all the ones in your first list).

Edit: except the KSPX one, the parts don't show up... except on my build rockets. I don't know how that is possible.
Last edited by stitch626 on Tue May 28, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

How large a rockets are you launching though? Well, that and FPS is different between graphical updates versus when the game actually moves something. Graphically I'm running huge numbers while my processor chugs working the physics.

Your mods still work? That's odd, it flat out broke mine. Nothing would load and frankly it does me no good if I can still make rockets but can't get close to the existing ones.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

My rockets usually go between 105 and 300 parts, depending on how explosive I decide to crash things. I'm not so good at piloting.

The only time I have performance issues is when mapping during takeoff. Even on a 10 part rocket that causes massive lag.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

stitch626 wrote:
The only time I have performance issues is when mapping during takeoff. Even on a 10 part rocket that causes massive lag.
That with the ISA map sat mod? If I recall you aren't supposed to be mapping during take off for this reason.
Bite my shiny metal ass