Anyone else use Ubuntu?

LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Anyone else use Ubuntu?

Post by LaughingCheese »

As I may have mentioned I'm stuck on Ubuntu linux 12.04.

I installed the Cinnamon desktop and for some reason the time is stuck at the hour:03 for instance the time now is 6:03 even tho its actually 6:50.

I think if I can restart the network time service that should fix things but its like it doesn't exist. :bangwall:

Thanks

LC
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Anyone else use Ubuntu?

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I've toyed with Ubuntu in the past (mostly the KDE-based Kubuntu actually) and for a time ran it as my primary OS. Nowadays I maintain Kubuntu disks as part of my collection of utility/rescue disks as a PC repair tech but have returned to running Windows. For one thing it's just more convenient since every major piece of hardware and software is made to be Windows compatible, also though it's gotten a lot better the Linux world still doesn't "just work" as old Apple slogans had it. The fact that Linux in general is so fragmented doesn't do it any favors on the desktop either.

Anyway, I've never came across that particular issue, sorry. My best suggestion is to try your luck with various Ubuntu support forums (ubuntuforums,org, etc)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Anyone else use Ubuntu?

Post by LaughingCheese »

Actually I just reset Cinnamon to default settings and everything's fine now! w00t