Star Trek Online (F2P)

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Star Trek Online (F2P)

Post by Deepcrush »

HAHAHAHA, yeah major patch jobs will do that. The new interface looks nice and they seem to have streamlined it more. When you're ready to get your Klingon character running let me know and I'll bring you into the fleet I'm in. Fairly active while still casual gamers and an open fleet bank.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

That will be awesome. I'm just waiting for them to fix the customization bug ( :lol: ), and then I will be booking along the story.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Yeah, I'm waiting for people to get back into the game so they can buy up all the shit I put up on the exchange. I've filled the fleet bank, my own bank and my exchange slots and my inventory only has six spaces left. BTW, the fleet I'm in on the KDF side is called Inner Circle.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

My equipment is maxed out appart from the super high end stuff available with Omega Marks. Which really, considering how much they cost, are only a little better than what I have.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You don't need the borg stocks for ships, you want to focus on the Romulan end. Like the rapid fire plasma TL!!!
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

The high end Maco and Omega stuff blows everything else out of the game for defense and boosting offense. To put it into perspective, the full tier XI Maco set can take an Oberth and give it better shields than a tier XII blue shield Galaxy Dread.

Also, Borg rep is faster to gain than Romulan rep, as long as you play something other than science (the weakest in STFs, unfortunately).

The other useful set is the Breen set, using that and a good transphasic setup can allow you to one shot Borg Spheres... while their shields are up.

Of course, there is also Tier XII Fleet gear, which can be much easier to get once a fleet is large enough. And that stuff provides the best of most non unique weapons.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

So my question is what do I do once I have the rep for those things. I have about 600 borg rep saved but not sure what to do after that.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

You have to run the activities to increase your reputation (I can explain it much better if we both are on... can't remember exactly how it looks from outside the game). 600 should get you to about rank 4 or 5 if your lucky. However the rank XI and XII stuff costs about 300-600 for each piece.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Next time we are both on we'll voice chat it and you can walk me through... lol
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Not a problem. Important thing to remember, if you are picky about looks, don't get the Borg tech set... unless of course you like that styling.

Also anything you get from rep I think is bound on pickup, so you can't trade it.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I care less about the looks and more about the kick-ass.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I have a full Breen set XII for my ship and some very good VR items for the ground guys. I'm saving up Omega marks now to buy some gear and also i like those missions more than the Romulan ones.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Very nice, I was all running all purple XI's for a while. Loved the use of crits.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

stitch626 wrote:Not a problem. Important thing to remember, if you are picky about looks, don't get the Borg tech set... unless of course you like that styling.

Also anything you get from rep I think is bound on pickup, so you can't trade it.
You can open up the ship equipment menu and right click on anything. If it shows up outside the ship you can tick off the visuals for it. So you can have the borg set's abilities but not the hideous looks.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Tyyr wrote:
stitch626 wrote:Not a problem. Important thing to remember, if you are picky about looks, don't get the Borg tech set... unless of course you like that styling.

You can open up the ship equipment menu and right click on anything. If it shows up outside the ship you can tick off the visuals for it. So you can have the borg set's abilities but not the hideous looks.
Woah... really, is that new? I never saw that before.