Star Trek Online (F2P)

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Star Trek Online (F2P)

Post by Reliant121 »

The latest I can get on is probably 11/11.30 GMT (6PM EST roughly). Otherwise it's just getting too late in the day for me to get on.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

During the week I get home from work by 3pm EST.
Saturday I should be free though.

Also if you need heavy item storage you can send the items to yourself in the mail (just don't delete the mail) or put them up on the trade network for insane prices (so worst case someone buys it and you make a lot of profit). There is no cost for either (STO does have a great F2P setup).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I didn't think about that....I may have to try it
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

I tried it a while back when they started to make it free to play (iirc it was free for the first couple levels) but I couldn't get into it. Ground-combat was just soooo boring and space combat wasn't really any better. Felt more like flying a slowish starfighter than a starship.

To date - altough it plays basically on a 2d map - the best star trek combat simulator is still imho Starfleet Command 1+2. It is relativly hard to get into it but once you figure it out there just isn't anything else with more depth....shame those games are not developed anymore, probably to complex for the mainstream market.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Im on STO now, look up Deepcrush and you shall find me.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

do we have 5 people that could get online sometime between 3 and 6 EST tomorrow? Even if it was just for 10-20 min?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Lt. Staplic wrote:do we have 5 people that could get online sometime between 3 and 6 EST tomorrow? Even if it was just for 10-20 min?
Even though I'm sick I could log in and let it run, so I'm good for that (yes Staplic, I'm working on the sheet, hard to do though).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Just ran my first instance... Over charged torpedoes and focus on defense is as I find it, the only thing that kept me from going BOOM every five seconds. I think I may have joined a match a bit out of my characters level but oh the loot was good.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Deepcrush wrote:Just ran my first instance... Over charged torpedoes and focus on defense is as I find it, the only thing that kept me from going BOOM every five seconds. I think I may have joined a match a bit out of my characters level but oh the loot was good.
Probably was the Starbase 24 one...

Just so you know, even level 50s can get face stomped when the second spawn shows up in that. Only so much a ship can take.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Alright, well for anyone who can, lets all try and plan on being online at 4 EST. I have another friend online who should be able to be on at that time, along with me, and then if we can get three more between Stitch, Deep, Sonic, Reliant, and Cheese.

Lets plan to meet at Earth Spacedock, we'll just have to find a common starbase map for everyone once we're online.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Lt. Staplic wrote:Alright, well for anyone who can, lets all try and plan on being online at 4 EST. I have another friend online who should be able to be on at that time, along with me, and then if we can get three more between Stitch, Deep, Sonic, Reliant, and Cheese.

Lets plan to meet at Earth Spacedock, we'll just have to find a common starbase map for everyone once we're online.

I should mention that I haven't even finished that boring tutorial mission thing so I can't guarantee I'll find you guys this time. ><
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

no problem if you do that's great, if not, assuming we're successful we can add you to the fleet at any time afterwords.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

I did finally finish the tutorial level thing.

Left off at spacedock.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm having some account issues (my old cryptic account, the original log in system, is no longer valid) so It might be a while before I can be around.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I've run into a bit of a snag. If people would still be around and able to get onine around 6 EST I should be able to join you then.