Star Trek Online (F2P)

stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Star Trek Online (F2P)

Post by stitch626 »

Tyyr wrote:Just bought them. I'll confess something. I like to play Foundry missions but at least once a day I run one of the Monty Haul type missions and vendor the junk and put the decent stuff on the exchange. I net about 500,000 EC a run doing that and it takes about 20 minutes. The downside is that you'll hit your random item drop limit for the day doing it hence I only do it once a day. None of that gear is really all that expensive actually.
I love the Foundry. A lot of those missions are better than the game ones.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

So are you guys in a fleet yet? So I could just search for the fleet.

Maybe we should become steam buddies, would be easier to get in touch.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm on steam, so is reliant.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Deepcrush wrote:I'm on steam, so is reliant.
Invite sent.

Just look for "LaughingCheese" if anyone else wants to add me.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Me, Tyyr and LaughingCheese are all on. Come join and we can get a fleet started.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Now I remember why I never played it much.

Incredible lag spikes and just a tad too complicated for my tastes.

Sorry guys.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well then maybe if you find yourself in a cafe or such that has a better connection.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Deepcrush wrote:Well then maybe if you find yourself in a cafe or such that has a better connection.
Unfortunately doing a Google search reveals this is a widespread issue with STO, so I'm guessing its on their end; either terribad netcode or insufficient server facilities, or something else of course.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

LaughingCheese wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:Well then maybe if you find yourself in a cafe or such that has a better connection.
Unfortunately doing a Google search reveals this is a widespread issue with STO, so I'm guessing its on their end; either terribad netcode or insufficient server facilities, or something else of course.
Its always a "widespread issue" with every MMO, and speed tests determine in most cases it is the users' connection/system.

The only time in any MMO that I've had lag issues were due to the routing. Usually London's fault for me.

For STO, I've never had lag.

If you care too, try having task manager open and set to the network tab. You might find too much is being used. Also you could try pinging the server via command prompt (to check for route issues), though I'm not sure on the specifics of that procedure.

Also, make sure your graphics card is up to snuff. CPU and ram aren't too important for STO as long as you have something a few years old. And a 2 year old card can handle it on medium settings.

Unfortunately, there are many things that can go wrong with online gaming.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Generally lag is because of your connection to the game, not due to the game servers themselves. STO, i've had lag at times but I don't blame them. I live in an area with somewhat bad connections at times.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

When you join the game join the chat channel DITL. That'll let us talk easier until we get a fleet together and when we're on toons that aren't in the fleet.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Btw sharing missions is a great way to run. Makes things a bit more fun and takes the amount of time needed down by a good reach.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Oh, something else to add. Once you hit level 10 check your missions tab (the icon shaped like a TNG communicator on the lower left of the minimap) for the "Mirror Incursion" event. For an hour a Mirror Incursion event is queue-able in the PvE queue system. It's a simple shoot'em up mission but the XP rewards will allow you to gain 3 to 4 levels just running that mission for an hour repeatedly. It's a great way to quickly level up.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Tyyr wrote:Oh, something else to add. Once you hit level 10 check your missions tab (the icon shaped like a TNG communicator on the lower left of the minimap) for the "Mirror Incursion" event. For an hour a Mirror Incursion event is queue-able in the PvE queue system. It's a simple shoot'em up mission but the XP rewards will allow you to gain 3 to 4 levels just running that mission for an hour repeatedly. It's a great way to quickly level up.
You also get fleet marks during the special event related to the Mirror Incursion, which are necessary for upgrading the fleet starbase.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

We still need a time to gather to run a fleet.