Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

Post by Tsukiyumi »

So, I've been playing quite a bit of multiplayer for ME3 (as psullivan69), and it got me wondering if anyone else on here plays the PC version? I'd love to team up and rock it. As long as it doesn't crash every other match, that is...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Really? Nobody?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Yeah I play, "Tyyrlym".
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Swarm Robots working together:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ernrkZ91E
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

They have got to introduce a new game mode. Horde mode 24/7 is just bleh.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Haven't even tried the game, is it worth getting or should I just skip it?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

I am a huge fan of the first two mass effects......also have a copy of ME3 lying around somewhere but simply the fact that I HAVE to install origin in order to play it, simply that they SCREWED putting it up on Steam like the first two means that so far I just had it in me to jump through all the hoops just to play it. (REally the only reason buying it was that the first two were good and I want to know how it ends, but from what I hear (please no spoilers) I might be better off saving myself the pain. I heard the ending was very ....polarising....but so far I have managed to stay clear of any spoilers.:)).

It's a fucking single player game and the whole having to be online thing, only being able to have one copy, not being able to resell MY OWN DAMN PROPERTY means that I am so feed up with the whole video game industry that I have only a rather limited selection of games I play.

Screw Origin, Screw Blizzard and EA. What they are pulling is borderline criminal imho (and indeed they had mutlitply clashes with product-law in germany with Diablo III because it's a scam!).
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:Haven't even tried the game, is it worth getting or should I just skip it?
If you've played the first two, then I'd say it's worth getting.

Ateki - yeah, I don't like the "online content/verification/etc" either. Are these servers going to be there in ten years, or twenty? I bought the damn game, I should be able to play it for the next decade if I choose to (like how I still play Star Control 2 and System Shock 2).

Tyyr - agreed. A co-op Push mode would be cool.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

First of all, I've got a review for ME3 in its entirety in my sig. Spoilers are marked. My take on the game is that it's a 6 out of 10 and probably should have been lower but I have trouble bringing myself to hammer an ME game that hard. I'd say that if you're a Mass Effect fan you have to play it, but you don't have to pay full price for it. Wait for it to go even lower. Due to the ending debacle copies were $30 only a month after release and I suspect you'll be able to get your hands on it for $20 or less eventually. There are bits that aren't total shit and they're worth it and you get multiplayer too.

ME Multiplayer is pretty enjoyable, you get to just use ME3's fantastic combat engine and not worry about how completely awful the writing of the game is. There is an incredible amount of depth here with 44 class, 54 weapons, 30 pieces of permanent gear, 40 weapons mods. You will find a class that fits exactly how you want to play and the perfect weapon for them, eventually. That said, it's only horde mode. So if you're not going to be entertained finding new and creative ways to kill the same ten waves of enemies from the four factions over and over there's not much replay for you.

At $20 ME3 is worth it, it might be worth it for you at $30 for MP if you're ok with horde mode.

Ateki, I have a hard time seeing myself as saying this but... Origin is no worse than Steam in terms of invasiveness on your computer. It's sort of Steam's retarded little brother in a way. Screwed up and barely functional but trying. It's not going to dethrone Steam any time soon and I still buy EA games in the store just to spite it. Yeah, I don't take a stand against it all mostly because they have the Battlefield series (which they turned to shit), Mass Effect (ditto), and Sim City (oh lord no...).