Portal 2

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Portal 2

Post by Lighthawk »

Finally just broke down and bought this after over 2 months of it sitting at the top of my gamefly Q and not getting it. Just about the perfect game in my opinion, every bit as good as the original, even better in some ways. And now of a proper full game length too. Everything was just awesome about it for me, the story, the graphics, the puzzles and all the new toys to figure them out with, and most especially the humor. I adore the absurd ethic's free superscience of Aperture Science. I love the idea of them actually thinking
to make recordings that would be relevant should there be a world ending event
. Also has won the award for my favorite boss defeating maneuver;
I mean seriously, shooting a portal to the moon in order to vacuum Wheately out into space? The moment was just so perfectly presented for me, I made my move for the Stalemate Resolution Button, fell into the trap and the brief out of control sequence, and then there was the moon right there, and that little tid bit of info picked up from the old testing facility about moon rocks being ideal portal surfaces clicked right into place, with just the briefest of "Nooo...they're not actually going to let me do that..." And then bam! Portal! Loved it.
Now I'm sad though, because I have no one to play the co-op mode with. Lousy non-puzzle game liking friends of mine.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Portal 2

Post by stitch626 »

Give me a time and I'll see if I can get on. I'm in the same boat (I've heard the co-op is just as good as the main story).

My personal fsvorite is... well...
everything GladOS says when she is a potato. Hilarious.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

stitch626 wrote:Give me a time and I'll see if I can get on. I'm in the same boat (I've heard the co-op is just as good as the main story).
Heh, love to, but first I'd need to get X-box live. Kind of a problem there.
My personal fsvorite is... well...
everything GladOS says when she is a potato. Hilarious.
GlaDos and Wheatley's back n forth during the final testing chambers were pretty damn funny. That and just about everything Cave Johnson said. And the Defective turrets. Hell, the whole damn game was packed with awesome dialog. I'd call my favorite though...
GlaDos: Well, this is the part where he kills us.
Wheatley: Hello! This is the part where I kill you!
Starts Chapter 9, the part where he kills you
Achievement Unlocked: The part where he kills you
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Heh, love to, but first I'd need to get X-box live. Kind of a problem there.
Oh uh... well that stinks. I have it for PC. And I don't think Steam can interact with X-Box Live. :(
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

There is a reason people don't like the co-op play that much:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SraUFSsKzA
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Coalition wrote:There is a reason people don't like the co-op play that much:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SraUFSsKzA
Sorry, thats one reason I love it....
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

If you're playing co-op you have to assume that the first ten or fifteen minutes in each new room will consist of you both finding as creative a way to kill the other as possible before reaching an unstable truce long enough to get to the next room and start it all over again.