Asus Announces iPad Competitor, the "Eee".

IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Asus Announces iPad Competitor, the "Eee".

Post by IanKennedy »

Reliant121 wrote:I've met 7 people who have had iPhones and then wanted without them. 2 of them being my parents.

I guess my quibble is that it seems I have to pay through the nose to play with Apple toys, which are all locked down in such a way that "Apple way or no other way". Yes they have an SDK, but they are still controlling your ability to control your device. This is the primary reason for me liking Android.
That's a philosophical issue not a technical one.
And I have read several sights that give a general idea that UK prices compared to US prices are the price directly converted + 17.5% and then + 7% because british markets appear more expensive. Which I think pegs it at around £500. This is way above most of your powerful netbooks, and even more than my pretty powerful full size laptop.
We won't know until it's revieled but I expect it will be more then £320. My guess is about £400. They're very keen to make this seem cheap. I can't find a UK price for the Kindle, which seems to be the price point they're aiming at. The iPad being cheaper than the kindle of similar size.
It boils down to personal preference. I find that Apple products are good for MP3 players, and creative stuff on Macs. Otherwise, I don't find Apple products all that special. But it depends on what I use it for, most of which I do not need an Apple product.
As you say, personal choice. I get things done far faster on Mac than I do on Windows. I've used both just as much as the other. I have two machines on my desk at work, one of each (a 24" iMac and a 24" Dell). For me the Mac wins on everything. Prior to OS X the windows machine used to win on batch programming, OS X fixed that issue.
email, ergo spam