Empire Total War.

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Empire Total War.

Post by Deepcrush »

Now that Empire is out... the world is a better place.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I'm going to guess either Rome II Total War is next or maybe move it up to WWI. A Mesopotamian Total War would be kind of interesting but I doubt they'd do one.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

They did one as an expansion pack to Rome TW.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ok, just bought the game and WOW!

The Road to Independence isn't all that great (i'll give it some time).

I have to main games running right now. First is as Great Britain and so far after only 60 turns I own the eastern half of North America, the UK, Holland and now the whole of France. The French & Huron declared war on me and to be honest I had more trouble fighting the Huron then the French. I'm also getting my ass beat at navel combat. I only have one good sized fleet and that's by Europe right now. Spain stayed out of the war for the most part. Until they bought france from me. They paid a major coin for it. Then, I declared war on Spain and started beating them around. Sad to say, the following turn most of the North American Indians declared war against me. But, I'm slowly winning in North America and I'm mostly just holding the line in Europe. One battle at a time. The New World has amazing trade coin flowing in. So, I'm using trade to fuel my armies and its great. Low taxes, massive ground army and happy people. Makes life good.

Oh, and just before I posted this I killed off france. All of their holdings are now mine!

My other game is Prussia which is a bit of a pain. I have no colonies to draw trade from and I'm surrounded by enemies. So far I'm holding out ok and even working on expanding. Its just a total pain.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I've found playing the Ottoman Empire or the Swedish has been rewarding.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The Ottomans, really? That will have to be my next game!
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The Ottomans are pretty poor when it comes to tech. But they have a huge starting empire, and have routes into India very easily. Making a few deals got me a spot on west coast US within about 10 turns. They have scores of trade money coming in for funding stuff as well. But Austria and Russia arent exactly...friendly.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I don't like their lack of good Line Infantry. Most of their starting troops are mobs. I just started playing as the Ottomans but I'm used to playing Great Britain and earning my 80,000 coin per turn. I have 5 maxed out armies. Normally 2 to 4 cannon units and the rest are Line Infantry. Nothing like owning the whole of North America to bring in the money. But, on the downside. Everyone hates me for some reason.

I also hate that I can't play as the US.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Deepcrush wrote:I don't like their lack of good Line Infantry. Most of their starting troops are mobs. I just started playing as the Ottomans but I'm used to playing Great Britain and earning my 80,000 coin per turn. I have 5 maxed out armies. Normally 2 to 4 cannon units and the rest are Line Infantry. Nothing like owning the whole of North America to bring in the money. But, on the downside. Everyone hates me for some reason.

I also hate that I can't play as the US.
In R:TW you could turn nonplayable nations into playable by editing the files. you might want to see if its possible online.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Turns out you have to beat the Road to Independence missions to play as the USA. I'm just not sure why they couldn't have left it as an option. The time table you have to beat the American game is also rather short. Made worse that you have to fight Great Britain and half the Indians of North America.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Funny thing is, there weren't any people from India over here at that time that I recall. :wink:

:P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Wow, you so fail at life... :P

Speaking of which... has anyone played any of the Eastern Factions?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Funny thing is, there weren't any people from India over here at that time that I recall. :wink:
:P
You doubting Columbus? Next you'll be saying the world isn't shaped like a pair!

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

A pair of what? :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:A pair of what? :wink:
Half-globes? :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939