Empire Total War.

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Empire Total War.

Post by Reliant121 »

Ah, see I have a bias against playing as the french cause i'm english. The English/French hatred is sort of...bred into me...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

First off, their morale really sucks. Both their people and their troops seem not so happy to go to war
Ok, i'm playing a game as the french
Well there's your problem. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Yeah yeah, plus they may just be failing because they know how much I hate them as a people.

Playing as the UK was easy. A large amount of American Military History covers British Military History. The basic war plan from England was simple enough so long as the home islands are safe. France doesn't have that much. Surrounded by enemies, on land where my fleets can't fight. Europe is just a rough place to be. But fuck that, the Americas are even worse since the English fully circle me.

I have five armies fighting in Europe and I'm slowly building one in the Americas but its taking forever.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I notice that the french generally arent that happy with their government. Whenever I have Conquered france, they are (relatively speaking) happy to have a change of government. I also note that they have a strong navy aroundhome but a pitiful army.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Yeah, it doesn't really make much sense to me. Though, being they are french. Even when things are going good for them, they like to be unhappy.

Fought a battle yesterday (in my france game). Both myself and the enemy had the same types of troops. He charged towards me, got to firing range, fired then charged me. I was behind a wall, defensive formation, for his one volley I got two off (because I fired, he stopped and fired and started running again, then I fired again), then met his charge at my wall.

My french troops quickly broke and ran while having 71 out of 80 men still left. He had around 60 when he reached me. :bangwall:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I guess you should be glad they didn't all surrender. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

They were gunned down as they ran! I had less then 30 of them left after the battle.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Deepcrush wrote:They were gunned down as they ran! .
By you or by the enemy?
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The enemy. I "retired" the rest upon their return to France. :twisted:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ok, update time.

My United Kingdom game locked up. So thats gone but! On the last turn I played.
*I ruled all of the Americas.
*I ruled half of North Afirca.
*I ruled two thirds of Europe.
*No holdings in India.

Armed forces
14 Max out Ground armies.
4 fleets, one of which was all 1st rate.
The others were mixed 2nd others.

I'm at 1881 on my USA game.
I own almost all of India.
I own almost all of the Americas.
No holdings in Europe... yet... :twisted:

8 max land armies.
2 fleets, only one 1st rate ship. Though, all the others are 2nd rate.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I favour lighter ships to weave in and out of 1st or 2nd rates. I tend to have a lot o 3rd to 4th rates.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You can only do so much weaving and dodging when you have to face off against not one but four 1st rate ships. I've had fun watching 3rd, 4th and 5th rate ships try the dodge tactic only to have one of the other 1st rates pass right next to them. BOOM!

All of India is now mine. Soon, I plan to remove France from the Americas. Also, Persia just declared war on me. Stupid of them but I'm going to use them as a buffer. Put an army or two in their territory and just avoid expanding towards the still powerful nations of Russia and Austria.

Sit-rep.
The Americas are pretty much stable. A few (5) territories are still not under the USA. That will change shortly.

India is bliss. They love the new system of rule. There were a number of rebellions in the far north but that was a minor problem and only delayed fate.

Europe is a mess. Only Austria and Russia remain strong. England, France and Spain are about as tough as they are in RL now. Stable but not really a threat to anyone. The rest of Europe is clusterfuck! I counted around thirty (30) seperate nations now and the number changes up and down every turn. They are just eating each other alive there with fighting as fierce as that of the second World War. Minus the fighting has been going on for about 50 turns or 25 years!!!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Just began my US invasion of Europe.

It is the Year of Our Lord, 1913. I landed 80 regiments from India to start with. 60 of them in Portugal and Spain, 20 in Ireland. Portugal feel quickly after trying swarming tactics that I would have expected from a Russian. After two pathetic efforts from Spain, Madrid and Gibraltar. Though there was one battle that cost me a large number of men.

Year, 1917. Paris fell. 1918, England and Scotland fell together. This was the end of both the French and British empires. Western Europe is now under US control.

Year, 1917. The North Africa invasion by 40 regiments from India, 60 from America. By 1919 reaches from Maracco to Tripoli.

With more units gathering from America and India. I should have in the next 2 or 3 years built up a force of 280 regiments in western Europe. Though, I have considered building some armies out of Europe. One from each England, France, Spain and Portugal. This would add an extra 80 regiments bringing it to 360. I'm also keeping 5 regiments in each European city I have captured in order to maintain order. That would be another 55 regiments.

My total European deployment should be around 415 regiments. This is a rough est but should be close enough.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Awesome.

I need this game. :cry:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

My goal it so have 600 regiments on active duty. Right now I may have close to that but alot of them are based in cities as I keep 2 regiments in every normal city and 5 in every European city.

And yes, you need this game.