Empire Total War.

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Empire Total War.

Post by Reliant121 »

When I can get this game working, I think I shall have to try Deep's tactic of "Fuck everyone, lets go to war!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Reliant121 wrote:When I can get this game working, I think I shall have to try Deep's tactic of "f**k everyone, lets go to war!"
Just make sure you build up your economy first. That's the key. Everyone in my Empire is happy. Dispite that only 5 states were mine to start with. Most of them hated their rulers.

Besides, I'm not at war with everyone. I didn't start having trouble with people until France and Spain fell. Then other people started getting hostile with me. Russia doesn't like me much but loves trade with me. I'm allied with Mugal and Ottoman. The Dutch have been my ally for a while now but their just causing trouble, so they have to go. Portugal just wanted Spain and I didn't give it to them. So, that little nation declared war on the Empire ruling half the world??? :bangwall:

Research socket bayonet then just focus on the industry advancements. Ignore the philosphy advancements until the end. They cause people to get upset because of reform issues.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Reliant121 wrote:When I can get this game working, I think I shall have to try Deep's tactic of "f**k everyone, lets go to war!"
Turns out Reliant is right. The turn after Portugal declared war, so did Venice. Denmark has withdrawn from our alliance while keeping trade and shared military access. The Dutch have cancelled trade with me. Which hurts them but does nothing to me. Due to the current rise in conflict I am building 6 new armies. My total should be around 20 now, or in the next few turns when they're finished. I have to admit that the war is costly. Since I don't want to raise taxes. My surplus has gone from 100,000 avg per turn to around 60,000 per turn. With so many new troops on the way, I expect this to drop more. As long as I am clearing around 10,000 per turn on top of the 1.3 million banked I should be ok for the next 40 turns.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Thats a quite a lot of armies, and a fucktonne of money. I never built up anywhere above 5000 a year, then again i didnt have long before my pc went spastic. How do you do it :P
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

A.) Time, I'm on turn 171.
B.) Focus. Research is pressed on the industrial upgrades. That means money.
C.) Regional power. I made my first efforts to control the Americas while fighting only holding actions in Europe.
D.) Deployment. I built two small half armies in Europe while I moved a full army throughout the Americas. First against the French. Then against the Natives.
E.) Cost. When you first start, keep your upper class taxes as high as you can. Keep your lower class taxes as low as you can. The lower the Lower Class taxes, the faster they breed. That means more towns will pop up which means more people paying taxes later.
F.) Construction. Build up every city you have as fast as you can. Don't waste time on trying to field a dozen armies from the start. Two armies will be more then able to protect your territory to start. Get your cities to grow. That means more money later.
G.) Trade. Trade will never be a huge deal, even now I only make around 30k a turn from it. But, its all bonus cash against my taxes. Plus, trade makes people happy.
H.) Friends. Whoever your allies are, try to get your enemy to follow you into their territory. THen you can let your ally fight first and break them down. Now, finish them off.
I.) Power. Don't try and spread out in every direction. Try to expand in a single direction and at the same time remove the whole faction from the area. If you leave one french state while you go off to fight the natives. Those french are still being funded by the whole french empire. Never pick at your enemy. When you make the effort to fight someone. FINISH THE JOB. Half assed battles just mean that they have time to regroup and come back later when your army is off elsewhere fighting.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Well things are going quite well. Playing as the United Provinces, the Problem i had was expansion in the homeland. To the east, I have Hannover and something else, Westphalia i think. These two are insignificant, yes, but since they are both home territories, i dont have the clout to take them on as yet. To the south is the spanish garrison in the southern holland area. This can be taken if I wish, but south still is Paris. going against Spain equals going against france. I dont want to be against such a powerful pair. So...where do I move? Well my solution is to strike north, into Danish controlled Norway. It fell quickly, and another province under my control. Before long, I took the entirety of Denmark. Yes, this proved annoying since the Russians have a gripe with me now, butttt......They have enough trouble with the Ottoman Empire and the Swedish. So they don't pose a threat. Austria declared war on France, and called all of Austria's allies into the fight. Why not? gives me the excuse to attack the French. In the Caribbean, i strike into the french controlled Guyana and its taken quickly, including the mineral resources out there. I also strike the windward isles, and sieze it. Although the bastard pirates ambushed me after i dropped off my troops and have forced my fleet into the Bay near modern day Miami. Might have to reinforce them at some point. I think next I shall try and strike the Mughal somewhere, or push into France.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

No, not the Mughal. Thats a bad bad bad way! Wait on them. They really never build up a strong economy. I've played several factions and the Mughal are always poor and weak. So, just leave them for later.

France (Paris) is a fucking gold mine of growth and money! If you can take it then take it. Then you can move on Spain(Madrid) if you want. Not as much money there but still good.

In the Americas you want to take out the Pirates first. Same time you can attack French holdings. Use the Island Hoping tactics you see from the US in WW2. One large fleet with one large army and move one island at a time.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'll try for Paris then. It might mean leaving Copenhagen a bit more exposed to bolster my army sitting just north of the North/South Holland border, and I shall probably have to sieze southern holland first. But i'll push for france.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

You were right Deep. I took a South holland before moving south, and eventually seized control of France. What a gold mine. The Catholicism proved somewhat difficult to deal with, and I had to begin mass conversion of the populace to Protestantism, as well as setting up coaching inn's to keep them happy, but it worked out good. Turns out the biggest problem I face is back at home. People are getting weary of warring with Russian for all this time, So i have to try and make peace. I've swept and taken several Spanish colonies in South America, what a rich area that was with all its minerals. Now I'm looking to finally rid the Caribbean of Pirates.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Europe.
Once you take Paris, turn south and crush Spain. That will remove the big threats on your western front. Then you can turn north and east. An alliance with Prussia is always good as they'll protect you from Russian and Poland. Take over Denmark and Sweden. When you play as the UP, those lands will supply you with great trade lines close to home. Easy to defend should Russia try and attack you from the north around Finland. Avoid going to far south east as you don't want a border with Ottoman. Later when you have enough power they'll just to sign an alliance with you. Which with them, along with your holdings in spain, grants you some good trade titles in the Med.

At this point you should have one army south in Spain, one in central europe and one heading up north through denmark to sweden.
-(Southern) This army should look to heading south into North Africa. Take over Maracco and the Barbary States.
-(Central) Protect your capital and maybe fight some of the smaller German States, one's not allied with Prussia.
-(Northern) Crush Denmark, they are normally allied with Russian and seeing how you're already at war... might as well make use of it.

America.
Control of the Caribbean is key here. Once the Pirates are gone you'll find that things get easy. The Frence keep a few ships here but tend to have poor garrisons at their colonies. Island hop as I told you before. One fleet and One army.

Your other army should be in South America against Spain. Push west across Venezuela then north up through Mexico. That will split the new world between UP (south and central america) and UK (north america). Seeing that you are allies, GREATNESS.

India.
Just wait over here. Build up trade and population for taxes. Don't worry about fighting here until you've finished Spain and France off enough that they can't threaten you. The Mughal aren't that great at war but they do have the numbers to make fighting a war very costly.

Total
This means you should have 5 armies and one fleet. By now, you should be able to afford that.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

They Seem sound strategies. I have most of Western Europe under my thumb now, and I am beginning to strike toward Russia. I want to have a little more strenght before i make for Poland lithuania or Austria. Prussia is a big threat too. Spain has been relatively inactive, besides the fact that they are pretty tied up with a heavy war with Morocco at the moment.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

An eastern war will be costly. Invading Russia and Poland will be nothing but trouble for you unless you can afford half a dozen armies to fight just them. Remember. Focus on the colonies first. Then spend your worry on mainland europe.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ok, i'm playing a game as the french. There are a few points of note.

First off, their morale really sucks. Both their people and their troops seem not so happy to go to war.

Second. Their navy is way to large. You start the game with two large fleets.

Third. If you don't make alliances right away with Russia, Prussia and Sweden. You risk getting stepped on by England/Austria/United Provinces alliance. Spain just seems happy to walk off and watch you drown.

Fourth. France has really no where to grow. I'm fighting in North Africa and I have to send an army to fight in Sweden since they broke the alliance.

I'd much rather be UK or Prussia.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:...Both their people and their troops seem not so happy to go to war...
Wow, this game sounds quite realistic. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Doesn't it though. Minus how Prussia seems to join with france against England... :bangwall: