Empire Total War.

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Empire Total War.

Post by Reliant121 »

They've really shot themselves in the foot by using the steam system to run the game. hundreds of people have had issues buying via steam, or downloading patches or playing online with steam, and I myself have discovered that Steam has completely fucked over my mother's computer's internet (I have so much crap on mine that it wouldnt run...i cba to reformat for it).
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They're using Steam? Wankers! :x
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

They're running everything from steam. Left 4 Dead just works "with" steam. The graphics also seem to slow things down. MTW2 didn't have that problem but I guess Empire was just over done.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Oh, forgot, I'm now earning 217,000 coin per turn as the British Empire. The US never revolted. Spain is down to a single city in Italy. I'm invading Prussia and I've crushed all of the smaller German states. I'm also in the process of taking over North Africa. My Navy is now made up of two fleets of First Rate ships of the Line. Plus one fleet of mixed ships that I have left over from earlier on and ships I've taken from my enemies.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I so need this game.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

It has so random trouble for people. Game crashes, graphics trouble or AI control. It's still a great game.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

To be fair, our internet troubles do have something to do with our router. Its from the stone age, and only designed to handle 5mb Broadband, when we are being signalled 20. Its almost 10 years old, and is on its last legs really.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

They're using Steam?! WTF?!
That's the reason I don't play Half LIfe 2. Idiots. No one likes Steam.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I like skype more. Skype is awsome!!!!
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Monroe wrote:. No one likes Steam.
Cousin Jack does :D
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The only time I ever used Steam was after I got Half Life 2. Back then I hadn't even heard of Steam.

Needless to say, the experience was enough to shoot Steam all the way up near the top of my "List of Companies I Want To See Crash and Burn During the Recession". Since then I've only used it for the various Half Life 2 expansions, and refused to even touch anything else that used it.
Seriously, it took me two fucking hours to get HL2 to play on the fucking piece of crap thing. :evil:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Just played the India faction. Beat it in 18 turns over about 2 hours.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:The only time I ever used Steam was after I got Half Life 2. Back then I hadn't even heard of Steam.

Needless to say, the experience was enough to shoot Steam all the way up near the top of my "List of Companies I Want To See Crash and Burn During the Recession". Since then I've only used it for the various Half Life 2 expansions, and refused to even touch anything else that used it.
Seriously, it took me two f***ing hours to get HL2 to play on the f***ing piece of crap thing. :evil:

Yeah. And what's worse is you can't install the game on multiple computers and use single player. Now granted my family has two games of Rome Total War since my little brother andI liked it so much but I shouldn't have to buy two games of Empire Total War either.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm 165 turns into my Great Britain game and now it wants to keep on locking up. Maybe its because I rule half the world. Not sure. But now I have a small fleet that if I click on them the game shuts down. I have to leave them there and since I rule that side of the world no one is going to attack them and give me the chance to let them sink.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Just hit the one million coin mark! Not to mention I am earning 97,000 surplus per turn. This is with my lower class taxes and step 2 and upper class taxes at step 4. I counted 14 complete armies and 5 fleets. I own just over half of Europe now. No cheats, no tricks. Just solid tactics and lots of time.

For those of you who aren't well known to the game. That's the same as 18th century Great Britain (who I am playing as) having a yearly surplus of 100,000,000 pounds and the Bank of England having 1,000,000,000 pounds in cash on hand.

Poland, Sweden, Prussia and Hannover declared war on me. Prussia is gone now. Hannover fell after I took out those little nations around her. Sweden is still just two states and no real threat, though I have sent an army to deal with them.

Poland is the last trouble left. At first things went a little down hill. I didn't know how large their armies were. They had a lot of them! For a while things just deadlocked. It looked a lot like WWI with forts on the border just trading back a forth between who owned them but no one keeping them for long. Things started to swing in my favor after I built several more armies in Europe and finished off everyone in Italy. What also helps is I brought 3 or 4 armies from the Americas to invade North Africa. That way I wasn't taxing my armies fighting in Central and Eastern Europe. After a while it seems Poland just can't keep up with their losses. The avg battle right now costs Poland around 5 men for every one of mine lost. Made worse that I have a far larger population and budget to draw from. I'm now slowly but surely pushing the Pol's back. They once had a fair sized empire in eastern Europe. Now, they're down to just a few states and a couple of battered armies. Though, now they have given up on trying to beat me in a stand up fight. They have switched to using massive amounts of raiding against resources sites in my Empire. I tried to attack them to stop it but it turned out to be a trap. As soon as an army guarding one of my cities left to deal with the raiders. The Pol's sent several armies into my territory and against my now (mostly) defenseless cities. I managed (barely) to keep from lossing any of my cities but the cost was VERY high. I'm making sure not to make that mistake again.