Empire Total War.

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Empire Total War.

Post by Deepcrush »

Year, 1930. I've decided to wait a while before starting up another invasion. A lot of people hate me right now. And, by a lot, I mean every country left. Good for me, their all in Europe.

Indian theater.
Persia isn't really pushing their war with me. I crushed an army of theirs in a series of running battles before they just gave up attacking me. I now control their biggest port and have it blocked for trade. India is now fully mine without any threats to change that. As a reserve protective force I have 60 regiments of Elite Indian troops.

Western Europe theater.
Austria is busy with Prussia, who I've been funding on the side. I've defeated the dutch and about half the Rhineland states. France is being turned into a giant fortress. 114 million people and 200 regiments and 6 star forts now protect the border. Should anyone attack they'll be smashed into rubble for their efforts. I also have 20 regiments in England and 40 on Corsica.

American theater.
I have 40 regiments in South America right now. I just kicked the dutch out and finished my claim. In North America I have 140 regiments waiting to be sent to Europe. I wanted more but I haven't seen the normal growth in my economy. I had a bad minister and it really made a dent on my intake surplus. I fired his ass and so next few turns I should see some recovery.

North Africa theater.
I've taken about half of north africa for myself. I've also found that the African troops are far inferior to my American and Indian troops. Slower rates of fire, less accuracy and poor melee skills. However, I do have a single army built of North African troops just to see how they fair in battle. I've placed 100 regiments there (including the African troops) as part of my future expansion plans.

Naval services.
I've cut my fleet down. Two 1st rate ships and about a dozen 2nd rate ships. Also about 20 or so trade ships. There really isn't anyone to challenge me in fleet battles anymore so spending the money on a massive fleet doesn't make sense. However, I do maintain a fair size force just in case.

My total plan is to wait until around 1950 to begin the next phase of attacks. I have about 2 million credits in the banks and earn about 60k a turn. I've made sure that my army upkeep never costs more then my National intake. While I'm still under the 600 regiment plan for the next invasion.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ok, found out that my system limit is around 400 fielded regiments or 20 maxed out armies.

I'm also having trouble with my navy. Clicking on my ships seems to try and freeze the game. Not sure why though it seems the more guns a ship has the longer it takes for the system to load.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Update.

I have around 500 combat regiments. Most are in either Europe or the Middle East. I got rid of 30 trade ships which did cost me some 70,000 pounds per turn but freed up my system to handle another 100 regiments plus 3 squadrons of First Rate Ships of the Line. Plus, my system is still running ok. So i'm happy.

Year 1984

Indian theater.
Under total control now with 20 regiments (one army corp) on hold just incase anyone jumps a surprise attack on me. Other then that, its a great cash crop from which I've moved 60 regiments to attat the Middle East. So far so good.

European theater.
Every major nation is now at war with me as of 1980 with Russia joining in. Scandanvia is now mine from which i've launched an invasion of northern russia. 140 regiments now guard the Western Rhine. 60 regiments operating out of Finland to attack Russian holdings. I'm also moving 100 regiments to open a new front in Greece to remove some of the Austrian attention. I'm hoping this third front will allow a renewed advanced.

North Africa theater.
All but Egypt is under my control. Egypt is a trade partner and a neutral nation which keeps enemy armies from attacking me while i'm free to attack them. This is my weakest point as i only have 40 regiments here.

American theater.
I moved my armies from the Americas to Europe which was really helpful as it saved me from having to build them over again.

Middle Eastern theater.
This one is my biggest problem right now. Its a long way from any of my front lines and has been a costly matter to handle. Right now i have about 120 regiments there but i'm looking to double that if my system can handle it.

I have 18,000,000 pounds in the bank and i'm earning around 260,000 a turn so i could triple my ground forces while breaking even. That would put me around 1500 regiments and 30 or so 1st Rate Ships of the line.

I'm happy with it so far. thoughts?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Minor update. Year 2002

The advance along central and eastern Europe has stalled. Somehow, everyone and their brother seems to be attacking me. I've had several whole armies lost, though my enemies are paying a nasty price for it. My kill rate is about 3-1, and I have a far greater flow of manpower and cash coming in then the rest of the world combined. This aside. The fact that enemy nations are rebuilding whole armies every few turns means that my advances slowed then STOPPED.

Central Europe is just a mix of rebellions and uprisings and enemy counter attacks.

South Eastern Europe (Greece invasion from earlier) has proven far tougher to crack then I had hoped. Gallipoli troubles could be in the future.

Russian Front. The invasion from Finland reached most of the way across the northern edges of the country but pushing south is proving very costly. No matter how many troops I have, they are just spread out over such a great area that its hard to block the enemy from moving. Not to mention it takes five or six turns to move between cities. By the time I crush one enemy army and replaced my losses, they've built a new one.

The only note of positive status is the Middle East, I've made great gains here. While rebels and enemy raids continue to cause hurt, they are unable to drive me out and have weakened themselves far more then me.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well, a late update. Year 2015.

European Theater
-My invasion of Greece failed me. I landed 40 regiments and I was pretty sure they'd at least get me a foot hold. Truth is the Austrians counter attacked with about 60 and whooped me. I just couldn't seem to get my fleet through to get them out and I'd lost over half my troops. Austria offered peace which was a chance to get what was left out alive. So at least I get break from them. For a while...

-My actions in central Europe are at a total hogwash again. I finally got peace with the Russian, Dans and Prussians... then the Bavarians pick a fight with their Italian allies. So now that I'm trying to get a hold on my problems in Northern and Eastern Europe, I've got a fight in Southern Europe.

All calm on all the other fronts. In ten or twenty turns I plan to bring another 100 regiments to southern Italy and give them the heat they deserve.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Just started up my French Empire game. Had one some time back but the French well, they sucked at everything. Line Infantry broke against a half hearted charge from militia in one of my battles.

However, 1795 AD and I've just taken London! Granted the bulk of the British army was busy fighting in Sweden and I was up against militia using elite french troops, and I still only got lucky that I flanked my enemy. BUT I TOOK LONDON DAMNIT!

Still, I've always heard and believed that French troops of this time period were supposed to be effective. Playing this game gives me the feeling that these are just transplanted 20th century french troops. They break and run at just about any enemy charge. Their aim is horrid, their weapons really untrustworthy and everyone hates them. Really, I'm at war with twelve countries and I haven't even done anything yet.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Closing my French game. This is beyond annoying... They have to be the most worthless troops in history.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Deep, does this surprise you in any way?
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well yes, they were supposed to be good at fighting back then... not run when the first toddler shows up.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I can't get the forums or mod sections to load. Could someone else give it a try and see if they can load in?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Forgot my update for my US game.

Military - I'm up to 700 combat regiments plus about a dozen fleets rolling around the seas. Though the only mass of water that I don't own is the eastern half of the Med, everything else is totally mine.

Economy - All of my taxes are at the minimum levels possible. Even then I'm still earning 108,000 per turn and my coffers have 22,000,000+ in reserve. My trade and industrial production can be summed up in one word... WOW.

Relations - I'm hated by every single faction left, no really, there isn't a single faction that i'm not in the red with.
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Welcome to being the only super power on the world, it won't matter what you do. True to life.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Its not my fault their inferior to my Union.
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

LoL That 's what envy gets ya.

The nail that stands out begs to be hit.
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

True enough...

If people stopped picking fights with me, they'd stop getting their asses kicked.