MSI Nvidia Geforce GETX 1080
Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 (system)
Western Digital 3TB (Storage)
Samsung 1TB (Backup Drive)

Primary Monitor - Acer ED273 A 27" Curved 144hz FHD Monitor via DisplayPort
Secondary Monitor - G245HQ 24" FHD Monitor via HDMI
Tertiary Monitor - K222HQL FHD via DVI

Gaming done on the 27".
24" gives me space for cheating some guides.
the 22" I use primarily for spotify etc, don't actually read much off it (at 22" and slightly further than arm distance, its hard to read say, websites)
In Rise of the Tomb Raider at full settings I average about 65 FPS on the benchmark. (weird how the min is like, 7FPS, max of 101FPS).

Very handy for research and planning for my stories, not that I've done much.

Tend to create 4x text files in notepad and quarter-screen em on the 22, to make notes and such. throw a word document split-screened with a website on 24", and the 27" for images, (swapping between those two as desired).

I did try to "surround span" them, but games that are SUPPOSED to be compatible with 'surround span resolutions'... crash.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What's Your Rig?

Post by Graham Kennedy »

iMac 27-inch Late 2015 model

4 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 32 GB 1867MHz DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB graphics, 3 TB internal hard drive, then a 2 TB and an 8 TB external hard drive, plus another 1 TB drive for backup.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

whats crazy is that I just upgraded from a 256gb Samsung 870 Pro... and in putting a handful of games across from the 3TB drive (because models load after the games start for some FPS's, so a few times ended up stuck when it realised 'oh yeah this model of a hut should be here, here ya go... oops')... I have used 366gb of the 950gb capacity.

hell, my 1tb backup, had two partitions - one for the disk image of the old m.2 drive I swapped out last night, but also, the majority of it, basically from when it was the storage drive on a different computer. in setting it up for being my backup drive, cleared it first (that partition, anyway), and with all files and folders gone, still used 7gb?! wtf?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The first computer I ever bought was about 25 years ago... it had a 120 MB hard drive. A couple of years later I bought a 270 MB drive for about £250. I wondered if I would ever have enough files to fill it.

Now I have a drive more than 20,000 times the size of both of them put together...

One can only wonder what people will be playing with in another 25 years.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Lastest MacBook Pro with Touch Bar:

email, ergo spam
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

1. Custom built desktop (at home)

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8 core CPU
ASUS X370 motherboard
24 GB RAM
2 blu ray players (2 because it allows for direct disk to disk copies and gives me insurance in case one can't read a particular disk. I don't play media off the disks but rip them to HDD)
256GB Samsung SSD (boot disk)
5x4TB HDDs in RAID (presented as one 20TB volume - not even half full yet. I didn't plan on the fifth drive but it so happened four I got at once were the exact same model as one already on hand so instead of passing on that original drive it got added to the array since it wouldn't have any compatibility problems inducing instability as I had in a previous attempt with non-matched drives) I have external backups and cloud storage for redundancy.
Nvidia GeForce 1050, only needed because this Ryzen chip has no on-board graphics. I don't game and would have used a lower tier card if it were on hand in store
used with a 27" QHD (2560x1440) HP monitor

2. HP Envy 15 laptop, at work

Intel 7th gen i7-7500U
12 GB RAM
128GB Samsung SSD + 1TB HDD (as originally configured), upgraded to 2TB
15 in 4k touch panel
multi-touch clickpad, backlit keyboard with numeric keypad
integrated Intel HD 620 graphics

Both running most current ver of Windows 10
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I have three.

1. Custom built PC at home.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MSi B450 Tomahawk MB
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
500gb m.2 SSD (boot disk)
2x 1TB HDDs as back up and file storage
AMD R9 380 graphics card - Looking to replace with a NVIDIA 1060 6gb at some point
Dell 24" HD monitor

2. Acer 14" CB3-431 HD
It has some irrelevantly terrible processor, probably a pentium
32GB eMMC card and 4gb RAM
1920x1080p screen
Touch pad and keyboards etc
Chrome OS is surprisingly useful for general stuff

3. Lenovo Yoga 11S

11" touch screen
i5-4210Y processor with 4gb Ram and a 128gb SSD
Keyboard and scrollbar
Currently has windows 10.