Rewatching the series

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Rewatching the series

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Sometimes, Susan's a bit over the top in a BAD way. Also, not sure if I'm gonna get season five. Season four would be a good stopping point, if I so choose.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well the telepathic hippy dude arc was annoying enough.

I agree about Susan. Many times the acting is either plain 'off' or over the top. Personally I think she is the worse actor on the series.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Susans scene with Franklin in the medical bay at the end of Season 4 was one of my fave scenes though.

Yeah, when I said I rewatched it last year, I haven't watched five yet. It has its great moments, but it feels too disjointed from the rest of the show.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

McAvoy wrote:I agree about Susan. Many times the acting is either plain 'off' or over the top. Personally I think she is the worse actor on the series.
I'd have to cast my vote to Sheridan there. Probably because he just annoys the shit out of me, where Ivanova doesn't.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Reliant121 wrote:
McAvoy wrote:I agree about Susan. Many times the acting is either plain 'off' or over the top. Personally I think she is the worse actor on the series.
I'd have to cast my vote to Sheridan there. Probably because he just annoys the shit out of me, where Ivanova doesn't.
You mean like how he gets brought back by Lorien and everyone is thinking he's the Exalted LEader, while Garibaldi comes back and everyone suspects him?

Of course it turns out that Sheridan was right and Garibaldi had his paranoia tweaked slightly by Bester, but even afterward Garibaldi became one of Sheridan's fan club.

Of course the best one is Zack in Thirdspace, where he agrees not to bring up the conversation in the elevator unless Lyta brings it up first. Cut later to Medbay where Lyta says she doesn't remember anything about the prior night. They would have made a cute couple. Zack could have even managed to get her hired on B5 Security, so if Zack has to do hostage negotiations he goes in, but Lyta's right in his mind with him listening to everything. :mrgreen:
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Reliant121 wrote:
That is just the way he is written. The character Susan has bad lines too, some of them hamfisted but the actress I can't remember off of the top of my head is bad.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

She's not bad, it's just stuff like the 'right hand of god' speech while taking on the shadow destroyers push it into 'groan in a bad way' territory.

Also, Delenn is proposing the Interstellar Alliance at the moment.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Yeah her final war speech before she is mortally wounded is my number one cringe worthy quote of the whole series.

Delenn has her moments too.

To me B5 is hit or miss when it comes to bad acting or bad dialogue. Unless it is G'kar or Molari. I always felt they could have written either a movie or a series around the two.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Indeed. Londo and G'Kar went through more character development in single episodes than other characters in entire series.

Also, that Centauri marriage ceremonies are 'somber affairs' so it can't get any worse makes me crack up. :lol:
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I liked his intro to his three wives when he was talking about marriage.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I always got the feeling that Londo actually hated life. He had no desire to "end it" and he was always trying to improve it... but I always felt that he considered life a punishment.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Yeah, I get that feeling sometimes too with the guy. His joy is all style, no substance.
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

I have been rewatching the series as well. I think my favorite episodes are in seasons 3 and 4 (my favorite are the ones that lead up to B5 seceding). However there are several gems in season 2 that stand out as well.
Genius insania et conseri manum
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Foxfyre wrote:I have been rewatching the series as well. I think my favorite episodes are in seasons 3 and 4 (my favorite are the ones that lead up to B5 seceding). However there are several gems in season 2 that stand out as well.
Overall I am the same way. I go from 3, 4, 2, 1, and 5. From my favorite to least favorite.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I think I'd switch 2 and 1. I rather like Sinclair and his portrayal.