Star Wreck, The Pirkinning

Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Star Wreck, The Pirkinning

Post by Victory is Life »

I have supported DITL since 2002, and this sort of 'wave the banhammer' and 'OMFG He trie77 to get someonezzz opinions on video sourse mateeriels dat depict a battle betweeeeen difrent sy fy youniverses!!111oneoneon1!!' in my face stuff is ridiculous. Shy away from informed opinion and you violate the very ethos of Trek, much of what this site is dedicated to. "With the first link, a chain is forged, The first speech censured, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably.

I will leave it at that.

EDIT*Yes your mighty moderator status is clear.
Last edited by Tsukiyumi on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Mod green is for mods only.
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Well you're on a one way ticket to banning...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Okay, firstly, the 'no versus' rule is a pretty easy thing to follow. Asking for people's opinion on whether universe A can beat universe B is the same as starting a debate. Graham created that rule so that our forum could be free of useless conversations dictated by writer's fiat or people's opinions of their favorite universes.

Secondly, MOD GREEN IS FOR MODS ONLY.

I'll change your font accordingly.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Bullshit. Nobody's threatening anybody with a ban or anything, and your "look at me - I'm being oppressed" bit is both melodramatic and incorrect. I'll break it down for you so you can understand it:

step 1 - This is Ian and Graham's forum, and they say "No versus." It's their yard, so they get to say what goes.

step 2 - You attempted to begin a versus debate, in spite of "step 1" above, no matter how you try to semantically evade the issue.

Wanna stay and play? Good, the more the merrier. However, you are in someone else's kitchen and you need to play by their rules. If you can nut up and abide by the Kennedys' rules, great. If you can't, you're welcome to leave.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Noted, and I acquiesce...Anyone want to weigh in on the VIDEOS then? I must warn you prior to doing so, beware the 'wrath of mods'

*Edit, changing my font to PINK underscores the maturity level... :bangwall:
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

They rock. I'd seen them before, but they put a lot of effort into them, and the result is awesome.

EDIT: Don't mess with my font color. :wink:

Feel free to change it to something else.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Victory is Life wrote:in my face stuff is ridiculous.
Not your forum so nobody gives a shit.
Shy away from informed opinion and you violate the very ethos of Trek, much of what this site is dedicated to.
Informed opinion about Trek, not Trek vs. Whatever.
"With the first link, a chain is forged, The first speech censured, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably.
Awesome. This is not a democracy though. Freedom of speech is meaningless.
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Tsukiyumi wrote:They rock. I'd seen them before, but they put a lot of effort into them, and the result is awesome.

EDIT: Don't mess with my font color. :wink:

Feel free to change it to something else.

In Breen-grumblegrumblegrumblestaticgrumble
- Female Changeling
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Tyyr wrote:
Victory is Life wrote:in my face stuff is ridiculous.
Not your forum so nobody gives a s**t.
Shy away from informed opinion and you violate the very ethos of Trek, much of what this site is dedicated to.
Informed opinion about Trek, not Trek vs. Whatever.
"With the first link, a chain is forged, The first speech censured, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably.
Awesome. This is not a democracy though. Freedom of speech is meaningless.

You sir, are a shameless me-too'er

*sorry for the double post, thanks for the awesome comment btw....
- Female Changeling
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Victory is Life wrote:You sir, are a shameless me-too'er
And you are a fucking idiot so guess the esteem I hold your opinion in.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Jesus Christ.

You know, I was originally just going to split the crap out of this thread so we could actually have a discussion about the video itself, but even the briefest of glances at the thread itself makes it more than clear that doing so would be pretty much impossible.

To begin with, I'd just like to clarify that ViL's initial posting of Star Wreck was perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong with posting a link to such a video, particularly when the (supremely well done) video itself is intended more for humour value than "Universe X > Universe Y".

However, looking at every from the second post onwards, this thread just became one massive clusterfuck. So, to at this point simply echo what the other mods have already stated, discussion of Vs material is verboten. This forum doesn't have many rules that are enforced, but that is the one we tend to enforce the most.

@ViL

For future refference, when a moderator states that something you have posted has violated one of the board's rules, the correct response is not
I have supported DITL since 2002, and this sort of 'wave the banhammer' and 'OMFG He trie77 to get someonezzz opinions on video sourse mateeriels dat depict a battle betweeeeen difrent sy fy youniverses!!111oneoneon1!!' in my face stuff is ridiculous. Shy away from informed opinion and you violate the very ethos of Trek, much of what this site is dedicated to. "With the first link, a chain is forged, The first speech censured, the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably.

A simple "sorry" is all that's required. Think a mod is just having a go at your or has wrongly accused you of breaking a rule? Contact another mod (or one of the Kennedys) and ask them to take a look at the situation for you.

And seriously, drop the "ZOMG! My freedom of speech has been violated!!!!" attitude. This board is not required to abide by any laws or human rights if the owners aren't interested in doing so. Graham could very easily come in one day and declare that anyone who uses the word "bottle" will be sumararily banned. Don't like it? Not his problem. Nor is it the problem of the people he's appointed to enforce said rules. If you have a problem with one of the rules, talk to Graham about it. Running around yelling "Help! Help! I'm being oppressed!" is just going to annoy the hell out of everyone else.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

BTW, your cute little bit about "beware the wrath of the mods" doesn't apply to anyone who doesn't break the owners' rules and then complain about being called on it.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Thread locked, before the idiot digs himself an even deeper hole.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.