Choose your side part 1

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Choose your side part 1

Post by Deepcrush »

Here's the deal, you have been brought by Lorien to test the fate of the galaxy (B5 universe of course so no cross-overs). The age of the Shadow War is coming, soon every races alive will be fighting to remain alive. Your task is to pick one you believe worth saving and work to do so. You know all you know about B5 now, as if you've just watched its history played out before you so you could remake it. As we've seen in B5, not even the glorious Minbari are truly unified and the new rising power of Earth is falling into civil war.

Two years from now, the shadows will move for war and the Vorlons will go mad. You have only that much time to gather your race and ready for the coming darkness. What race will you choose and what will you do to save them from being erased into history.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Choose your side part 1

Post by Deepcrush »

By the views and lack of response I'm guessing this was to tough of a question... :lol:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It is indeed a tough question, as there's no one "good" race around. They all have reasons that one might want to save them.

The Minbari are the most advanced, so an argument could be made that their civilisation is the most worth saving.
The Centauri are advanced as well and carved themselves out an impressive empire, though they're currently suffering from a decline.
The Narn aren't that advanced at all, but they made some impressively speedy advances and managed to force a powerful inter-stellar empire into a retreat. That shows the Narn the be a very capable race. Saving them and allowing them to progress further unimpeded could have quite interesting results.
Humans are, relatively speaking, the new kids on the block. Yet in their time they managed to vanquish the Dilgar and become a force to be reckoned with. While they're currently undergoing a civil war, it's not like they're any more or less stable a race than any of the others. Given the feats they've achieved in a small amount of time, letting them survive and progress further could lead to some interesting scenarios.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

My personal choice would probably go with the Narn or the Minbari.
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

Pak'Ma'ra baby! Carrion Eaters Unite!

If we don't eat you, Who Will?

"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

:lol:
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

It's a toss up for me.

I've said before, I love the Centauri. They are an awsome species. But, as SG said, they are on the decline. But, I still think at this point, that could be turned around.

The humans are the up and comers though. Like in most Sci Fi worlds, they are the future of the galaxy as they are usually the most adaptable.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.