Season 4-5

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Season 4-5

Post by Mark »

Season four of Babylon 5 was frickin awesome. The conclusion to TWO seperate wars in one season was awfully nice. I figured after the Shadow War, we'd have to wait till next season for a resolution on Earth, but they were kind.

Now, WTF is up with this new B5 Captain (Lockley I think is her name)? Actress seems to have no personality, and while seemingly ok on the hotness factor, seems awfully one dimensional so far. And with Ivoniva promoted and gone, who does that leave as the XO?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Season 4-5

Post by Reliant121 »

I suppose its probably the awkward bloke who i can never remember the name of. That, or the XO is the newer security chief.

Season 5 sorta plummeted into nothingness. I think season 3 was best followed very closely by season 4.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mark wrote:Season four of Babylon 5 was frickin awesome. The conclusion to TWO seperate wars in one season was awfully nice. I figured after the Shadow War, we'd have to wait till next season for a resolution on Earth, but they were kind.
Problem is that the Shadow War was supposed to take up the whole of Season 4. Instead it became rather rushed. Season 5 was supposed to be the Earth Alliance Civil War. Both wars were meant to be on a much larger scale, however JMS settled on the Shadow War being high end and the EA War being rather small.
Now, WTF is up with this new B5 Captain (Lockley I think is her name)? Actress seems to have no personality, and while seemingly ok on the hotness factor, seems awfully one dimensional so far. And with Ivoniva promoted and gone, who does that leave as the XO?
Lockley is a bit rushed because they didn't even know they were going to have a 5th season until three weeks before shooting started. I think she panned out a little better over time. As for XO that feel to Lt Corwin, the extra who had a crush on Ivoniva and was always on the far side of C&C.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

IIRC the problem was that JMS had initialy envisioned the show taking four series. But series four was so popular that the network told him to keep the show going, which led to the less than stellar series 5.

On the plus side, the fifth series' finale is pretty damn good.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Sionnach Glic wrote:IIRC the problem was that JMS had initialy envisioned the show taking four series. But series four was so popular that the network told him to keep the show going, which led to the less than stellar series 5.
I thought it was the other way round - he had it planned for five series, the network were leaning heavily towards cutting it back to four, so he had to jam a lot of the S5 stuff into S4, and then they OK'd 5 when it was too late to rearrange things again.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Seafort is correct. Warner Brothers Productions decided to end it at four seasons due to rising costs and also they were fucking retarded. Turner Networks bought the rights to script and produce a 5th season so that they could run B5 on TNT and TBS.
Sionnach Glic wrote:On the plus side, the fifth series' finale is pretty damn good.
Believe it or not, that was actually from season four but moved to five when the show was extended.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That would make sense, aye.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Proof that it's not only Fox who screws up their sci-fi shows.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:Proof that it's not only Fox who screws up their sci-fi shows.
Was someone suggesting that Fox held a monopoly on bad scifi?
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Lighthawk wrote:
SolkaTruesilver wrote:Proof that it's not only Fox who screws up their sci-fi shows.
Was someone suggesting that Fox held a monopoly on bad scifi?
Not "Bad Sci-Fi" but "Awesome Sci-Fi that goes down the grinder because of stupid TV Executives"
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:...that goes down the grinder because of stupid TV Executives"
That bit there covers about 90% of all television, regardless of the station involved.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Lighthawk wrote:
SolkaTruesilver wrote:...that goes down the grinder because of stupid TV Executives"
That bit there covers about 90% of all television, regardless of the station involved.

point. :bangwall:
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Lighthawk wrote:
Yeah, but Fox seems to want to take the lead in canceling awesome shows.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Yeah, like Sarah Connor Chronicles.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I justed que'd that up on netflix. Only two seasons? Any good?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.