Which B5 Fleet would you take.

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Which B5 Fleet would you take.

Post by Deepcrush »

I would like to know what fleets everyone here would take and how you would run them. The ships from both the shows and the game "A Call to Arms" are aloud for this debate. The reason being that after Mongoose bought out the old B5-wars game they remade everything to canon, not just plot fate. As such I fell that the add in's that they have done should be part of this concern. They have made a strong showing to make each race a fair player and have even added races that weren't even used in the old game.

Below is the site link that I am refering to.
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/

This isn't a who is better then who. Or atleast not yet. Lets start this one off by just talking about what we liked about our favorite fleets as a whole.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Personally I love Earth Force. Its an upstarter but has shown its self to have a great future. The Omega is my favorite ship out of the whole show. Even Membari and the Centari arn't happy about the idea of ever going up against one. To me it was the first true 'modern' warship for Earth Force as it brought forth both heavy cannon and fighters.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

I love the aesthetics and grace of any Bonehead fleet containing a Sharlin or two, its as sensual as a Geisha and as formidable as a Samurai
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Very true, the membari did carry an almost asian sense of Honor and Beauty around with them didn't they. Everything was art.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Rosebud = Sharlin, exquisite
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

True, and the membari built a great ship of it. So great that until they joined the Army of light it was the only mass produced ship in thier fleet. I've myself have heard 'fair' accounts as high as 3000 of them! :shock:
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

bloody hell
A vorlon fleet would be nice, imagine your ship 'singing' to you lol
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I gotta go with the Vorlons. While my favorite is the Shadow fleet, by far... pilot one and you will "never be the same". Plus, I like calimari...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Thats just great! :lol:
I loved the Shadows as a kid but I grew into the Earth fleet and the Narns.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Earth Force for me. I love their ships, they put practicality over aesthetics. Just the way it should be.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

The Interstellar Alliance fleet for me--the white stars and Excalibur-class.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

whitestars look like plucked poultry :P
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Well, I say they're among B5's most beautiful ships next to the Minbari Cruisers.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I hate both the White Star and the Minbari ships. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

I'd have a fleet of Rocheys