Which B5 Fleet would you take.

mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

Deep all that extra information on the VCD bulding of more and that there is a new EA ship, where did you get it?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mongoose publishing is the biggest part. They have bought into the rights of B5 cannon including novels, games, tech source and story production. I have grown to trust them as they only support items that are approved by JMS and have put a great deal of effort into rebuilding the B5 realm. The only thing that they don't have a buy into is Movie rights which is a bummer but JMS made that call. Not everything they do is perfect but but still they are the closest ones out there. I have disagreed with some of their work in the past but I have also seen the fix the cannon mistakes they have made. Oh, if you do read up on everything, there is a game named "A Call to Arms" that shouldn't be mistaken for the movie of the same name. Also there is the B5.com and JMS's homepage. Both are also very nice though just not as much detail.

Avoid the forums! For the love of God! Run away! :lol:

EDIT.
The VCD building is in the movie. The plans are to make them into a capital ship to lend heavy weapon support to the whitestars. Sorry forgot to add that in. :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

Just so you have an idea. The Marathon is more or less a Warlock hull with earth built shadow tech added on. Its the first purely earth built ship to have heavy cannon turrets on them that match the range and power of the Membari weapons they were made to mimic
From where is that I don't recall hearing it in any of the movies.
Avoid the forums! For the love of God! Run away!
Do you have any in mind.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

While i'd still take the baldies from Minbar, My second choice definately goes to the Narn. the G'Quan class looks soo awesome
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Which B5 Fleet would you take.

Post by Deepcrush »

The Narn Fleet is pretty badass in truth. Lots of heavy warships. A prime on long range firepower and they seem to be able to build ship pretty quickly.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Exactly. and the narn G'quan looks awesome too, even if it is behind the Centauri primus and Vorchan classes, and miles behind the Minbari Sharlin.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well first off, everyone is behind the Membari.

Second, the Narn have only had 50 years to try and catch up to the Centari. I'd say that they've done quite well.

PS,
The Primus is poo on a stick...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Deepcrush wrote:Well first off, everyone is behind the Membari.

Second, the Narn have only had 50 years to try and catch up to the Centari. I'd say that they've done quite well.

PS,
The Primus is poo on a stick...
It looks like faeces but the weapons are intelligently laid out. And unlike various other powers, we've seen them actually move to engage a target.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

But the Primus had the same crappy armor as the Vorchan. The only thing that the Primus has is 2 long range heavy cannons. The rest is mostly light weapons that looked based around taking on fighters, AND THEY FAILED. That plus we saw one get stomped by a damaged G'Quan.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Deepcrush wrote:But the Primus had the same crappy armor as the Vorchan. The only thing that the Primus has is 2 long range heavy cannons. The rest is mostly light weapons that looked based around taking on fighters, AND THEY FAILED. That plus we saw one get stomped by a damaged G'Quan.

I said the weapons were well laid out, not that it was a great ship. The fragging design was over 200 years old at the start of B5.

It's eight twin cannons BTW and it lost to a G'Quan and B5.
mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

As far as I remember B5, doesn't only Ea use massive hull thickness.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The Primus was still useful in siege and bombardment rolls and thats were it should have stayed. That and acting as fighter support. Though it only carried 12 fighters.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I suppose so. But the problem was the Centauri's deployment of the class. They were used far to much as general purpose warships when they werent suited for the role. The only thing, in my opinion, that saved it from my scrapyard was the capability to mount MassDriver cannons on the ventral surface.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

mlsnoopy wrote:As far as I remember B5, doesn't only Ea use massive hull thickness.
Never really stated onscreen. We know that they were at best a middle power, having to rely on fusion power and point defense rather than the shields used by the Mimbari, Centuri and the little gray guys. In this case a thick hull is a decent backup.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

With the fall of the Narn in their second war with the Centari, the EA became the 3rd place power. Second being the Centari and first place being the Membari. The EA's biggest advantage is it's heavy guns. Even the EA fighters pack decent firepower.

Of note, the Membari didn't use shields per say. They used a stealth shield that blocked others from being able to lock onto them at long range. The Membari had the top spot for everything from weapons range to hull armor.