Season 1

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Season 1

Post by Tyyr »

Riker really does seem to be the kind of guy who's phaser someone in the face. Would have really spoken to his character.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Mark wrote:Didn't Europe edit Remmicks head exploding scene before it aired????

Maybe they avoided it for just that reason.
They did. I watched the ep a fair few times before catching the undedited episode. Came as a bit of a shock really. Still, the douchebag had it coming.
Tyyr wrote:Riker really does seem to be the kind of guy who's phaser someone in the face. Would have really spoken to his character.
Well, given that a headshot shouldn't be all that more effective against your standard target, you'd have thought a midbody shot would be best.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

kostmayer wrote:They did. I watched the ep a fair few times before catching the undedited episode. Came as a bit of a shock really. Still, the douchebag had it coming.
Only the UK edited it, AFAIK. They also edited out a bit of another episode where Picard comments that the IRA's terrorism resulted in Northern Ireland being handed over to the Republic.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Sionnach Glic wrote:They also edited out a bit of another episode where Picard comments that the IRA's terrorism resulted in Northern Ireland being handed over to the Republic.
Was that "The High Ground"? I seem to remember that episode being banned altogether over here for a time.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, that's the episode. I didn't know they banned it though, I just thought they edited out the line in question. :?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

They did. It was only brief; Data listing successes of terrorism referred to "the Irish reunification of..." some year in the 2020s.

Funnily enough, it turned out to be a case of terrorism being defeated instead. :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

That's what they want you to believe. Khan is really pulling the strings since his rise to power in the 90s
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Well, I'm almost done with season one, and all I can say is "Damn Son."

The characters all seemed forced in the first few episodes, but they seem to be meshing. I was just about to start the ep where B-4 appears when I called it a night. I dug the foreshadowing of the shadows. (no pun intended) The only one I still don't feel is Ivaniva. Sinclair has become a viable character for me, and I've always liked Garabaldi. Even Londo grew on me. The only other one I'm still "Meh" about is J'Kar. The Narn don't impress me much yet.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Mark wrote:Well, I'm almost done with season one, and all I can say is "Damn Son."

The characters all seemed forced in the first few episodes, but they seem to be meshing. I was just about to start the ep where B-4 appears when I called it a night. I dug the foreshadowing of the shadows. (no pun intended) The only one I still don't feel is Ivaniva. Sinclair has become a viable character for me, and I've always liked Garabaldi. Even Londo grew on me. The only other one I'm still "Meh" about is J'Kar. The Narn don't impress me much yet.
G'Kar gets much better.

Also, before you watch season 3, make sure to watch the movie "In the Beginning".
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Seriously, G'Kar becomes probably the best character of the lot IMO later. Don't let his appearance now fool you.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

So, Babylon 4 was "stolen" through time. I'm really "meh" about that concept. Especially once you realize who "the one" is who stole it. BTW, what is a Babylon class stations weapon complement?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:...BTW, what is a Babylon class stations weapon complement?
B5 itself seems to be only moderately armed compared to Earth Alliance Omega-class Destroyers, but B4 was supposed to be a lot bigger and tougher. As for specifics, this is about all I could find.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

If they presumed B4 destroyed, why would they build a weaker station for B5? Seems strange to me.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mark wrote:If they presumed B4 destroyed, why would they build a weaker station for B5? Seems strange to me.
They pretty much blew everything they had on B4; they barely managed the political support to fund B5 at all. Thus the "Last hope for peace" line.

Remember, Babylon 5 humans still have a money-based economy. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Got ya