How to start B5

Space Ghost
Master chief petty officer
Master chief petty officer

Post by Space Ghost »

Indeed, that show had so much potential. I'm especially disappointed now that Varthikes has enlightened us on the plans for the future seasons. :(

Damn I hate TNT... if they didn't show Law & Order, I wouldn't watch it at all.
"Are you considering the strategy I'm considering?"
"The cliché is 'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?' And yes, I am."
Sothar
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Sothar »

If you're interested in what was coming on Crusade, there is some interesting information in the Babylon 5 role playing book called "Crusade" from Mongoose. Among other things, it describes each of the 13 episodes in a few pages each. There is also a section which describes three episodes that were written but no shot including the season finale.

(Spoiler alert!)

A few elements to make fans drool: Dureena gets a mysterious sword. Gideon is helped by Bester who is on the run from Garibaldi. Galen deploying a shadowtech armour thereby unveiling the origin of technomage technology. The season ends with Gideon getting shot.

It is so sad they never continued it. At least we'll get to see Galen again tomorrow :)
Let's see what's out there...
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Assuming you go in chronological order, I'd recommend skimming over most of season 1, aside from the first 2 or 3 episodes. They just don't hold up to the rest of the show, IMHO.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

why isn't there a pooling investment fund contributed by Sci-Fi boy to lobby networks in order to have "good" sci-fi shows, and respect creator's original intent?

It's the same story I hear right and left.. Be it B5, Enterprise, Firefly... Corps boys just ruined it.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Bryan Moore wrote:Assuming you go in chronological order, I'd recommend skimming over most of season 1, aside from the first 2 or 3 episodes. They just don't hold up to the rest of the show, IMHO.
But, the first episode is important. It introduces the Narn/Centauri conflict, the beginning of the Londo/G'Kar relationship that would develop throughout the series... The election of President Santiago and his vice-president also echoes throughout the series.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Varthikes wrote:
Bryan Moore wrote:Assuming you go in chronological order, I'd recommend skimming over most of season 1, aside from the first 2 or 3 episodes. They just don't hold up to the rest of the show, IMHO.
But, the first episode is important. It introduces the Narn/Centauri conflict, the beginning of the Londo/G'Kar relationship that would develop throughout the series... The election of President Santiago and his vice-president also echoes throughout the series.
Right, I'm saying watch the first couple. The rest were sorta blah.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Bryan Moore wrote:
Varthikes wrote:
Right, I'm saying watch the first couple. The rest were sorta blah.
Only a handful.

A good percentage, though, are landmark episodes. And, even the other episodes contain bits that come up again later, or hint to things to come.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk