Episode 10 Believers Nit

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Episode 10 Believers Nit

Post by Deepcrush »

Lighthawk wrote:Bingo. While we could argue the moral side of this, the legal side is pretty black and white. Franklin was in the wrong there.
On B5, killing your child is still murder. If they had that much of a problem they should have traveled back to their world before they murdered their kid.

Franklin disobeyed an order, the parents committed murder. One of them gets 30 days brig, the other two get life sentences... You can pick which is which.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

The race re-appears early in Season 5--the episode "The Paragon of Animals". They were the ones being harrassed by Raiders, with a little behind-the-scenes help from the Drazi.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Are you sure that's them???
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm with Deep on this. Throw Franklin in the brig along with the parents. Though one of them is getting out a lot quicker than the others.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Rochey wrote:I'm with Deep on this. Throw Franklin in the brig along with the parents. Though one of them is getting out a lot quicker than the others.
Then its agreed. Franklin is to be charged with disobeying a direct order, to which his CO will file a complaint on his record. The parents will be charged with a joint count of Murder in the First Degree and Assault of a Minor and Child Endangerment and Child Abuse.

Since Rochey called second, all in favor?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Maybe his CO agreed with Franklin's decision.. one of those do what I would do not what I say kind of things.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

If the skin is cut open and the soul escapes according to this race's religion, what happens if someone cuts their finger? Do they kill the person since he's nothing more than an 'empty shell' now?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:If the skin is cut open and the soul escapes according to this race's religion, what happens if someone cuts their finger? Do they kill the person since he's nothing more than an 'empty shell' now?
Chickens do often
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Deepcrush wrote:Are you sure that's them???
Pretty sure.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Monroe wrote:Maybe his CO agreed with Franklin's decision.. one of those do what I would do not what I say kind of things.
Or maybe the stations regulations do not extend to that kind of crime and Sinclair did not have the power to detain them. Yeah it's an EA station but it's also host to embassies of all sorts of races, the law may not be as stringent as it would be on an EA colony.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Maybe, maybe not. I personally don't give a damn about people's opinions for what murder is or isn't. Did they HAVE too die? (Yes, Okay but why) (No, then you die too) Simple enough for me.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I suppose it depends a lot on how Babylon 5 handles illegal actions. I'm not too sure if any one race's laws apply there, due to its status.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:I suppose it depends a lot on how Babylon 5 handles illegal actions. I'm not too sure if any one race's laws apply there, due to its status.
I think they have neutral laws (EA). Like B5 though owned by the EA is not part of any government so has its own laws.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Monroe wrote:I think they have neutral laws (EA). Like B5 though owned by the EA is not part of any government so has its own laws.
B5 is neutral but its under the control of Earth Force and governed by Earth Alliance law.