Great Quotes

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Great Quotes

Post by Reliant121 »

Varthikes wrote:"This is over, because we've decided it's over! Now, get the hell out of our galaxy!"
--Sheridan to the Vorlons and Shadows; "Into the Fire"
You have pre-empted all of my quotes now. Great minds think alike!

But I think that has to be my favourite of all of them.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

"What do you want?"

"I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head, and stick it on a pike, as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price; I would look up at your lifeless eyes and wave, like this... Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?"

Morden and Vir - "In The Shadow Of Za' Ha' Dum"
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

"I try never to get involved in my own life... too much trouble."

- Garibaldi
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

"You see? It's like I've always said: you can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word."

Marcus - "Ceremonies of Light and Dark"

:laughroll:
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

From "Voices of Authority":

"Good luck, Captain. You're about to go where everyone has gone before."
--Ivanova to Sheridan, the latter about to be seduced by a prying Earth official

"I do not like surprises."
"You don't? Love them, myself. To me, everything's a surprise. You're a surprise. This place is a surprise. See this papercut? Hurts like hell. Most people would be upset, but, to me, just one more surprise."
(laughs) "I like you. You're trouble."
"Why, thank you. That's the nicest thing someone has said about me in days."
--Draal and Ivanova
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Varthikes wrote:From "Voices of Authority":

"Good luck, Captain. You're about to go where everyone has gone before."
--Ivanova to Sheridan, the latter about to be seduced by a prying Earth official
I literally spit out my drink at that line the other day. :lol:
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

"Thin air? Why is it always thin air? Never fat air, chubby air, mostly-fit-could-stand-lose-a-few-pounds air?"
Garibaldi to a supervisor in "Grey 17 is Missing"

"Take my advice and go back to the time you came from. The future isn't what it used to be"
G'Kar to Mariah Cirrus in "The Long Dark"

"Ah, Mr Garibaldi, off duty I see. Ahm Water, fascinating! I never touch the stuff myself"
Londo to Garibaldi "A Voice in the Wilderness"

"Always bet on stupidity"
from "Ceremonies of Light and Dark"
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

"I thought the purpose for these reports was to provide accurate intelligence."
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics."
--Vir and Londo, on Vir's reports from Minbar; "Dust to Dust"
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, tyrants and armies can not stand" by G'Kar.

"You misunderstand me, Prime Minister. I was merely being specific. In my experience, if you can not say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. The details are everything" Durano to Londo in Into the Fire.

"On my world, there are books, thousands of pages, about the power of one mind to change the Universe. But none say it as clearly as this" Delenn to Sinclair in "The Gathering" about japanese stone garden.

"I suppose there'll be a war now, hmm? All that running around and shooting at one another. You would've thought sooner or later it would go out of fashion" Londo to Garibaldi in "The Gathering".
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Varthikes wrote:"I thought the purpose for these reports was to provide accurate intelligence."
"Vir, intelligence has nothing to do with politics."
--Vir and Londo, on Vir's reports from Minbar; "Dust to Dust"
Never a move true statement.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

From "The Illusion of Truth":

Randall: "Commander Ivanova was threatening to grab me by my collar and shove me out an airlock."
Sheridan: "Commander? Did you actually threaten to grab this man by the collar and shove him out an airlock? I'm shocked. Shocked and dismayed. I remind you that we're short on supplies. That is a perfectly good jacket. Always take the clothes off first, I've told you this before." (turns to Randall) "Sorry, she was supposed to say 'have you stripped naked, and then have you shoved out an airlock'. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused."

Sheridan: "We have an open-door policy."
Ivanova: "We also have an open-airlock policy."
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

Anything by Kosh...

"Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life... probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

Ambassador Londo Mollari: But this - this, this, this is like being nibbled to death by... what are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet... go 'quack'...
Ambassador Vir Cotto: Cats.
Ambassador Londo Mollari: Cats. Being nibbled to death by cats.

Lord Refa: Why should I do as you say?
Ambassador Londo Mollari: Because I have asked you; because your sense of duty to our people should override any personal ambition; and because I have poisoned your drink.

Kosh Naranek: Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Kosh Naranek: A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles.

[Opening narration, season 3]
Susan Ivanova: The Babylon Project was our last, best hope for peace. It failed. But in the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater: our last, best hope for victory. The year is 2260. The place - Babylon 5.
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Foxbat wrote:"Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life... probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."
I literally spit soda on my monitor at this one when I first watched it. :lol:
Foxbat wrote:Kosh Naranek: A stroke of the brush does not guarantee art from the bristles.
This one makes perfect sense to me.

Kosh usually does. My favorite character on B5.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Vir: But their cities are thousands of years old!

Londo: The lack of new construction is the surest sign of a faltering economy.

=====================================================

Vir: Londo, are you deliberately trying to drive me insane?!?

Londo: The universe is already mad, anything else would be redundant.

Dust to Dust

:lol:
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Thread necro, but i thought it needed this.

Delenn: He was the best of us. They struck without provocation, there was no reason. Animals! Brutal! They deserve no mercy! Strike them down, follow them back to their base and kill all of them, all of them! No mercy!