"Star Trek: Picard" Teaser

Star Trek : Picard

Re: "Star Trek: Picard" Teaser

Postby Graham Kennedy » Wed May 29, 2019 7:58 pm

Atekimogus wrote:this is just them testing the waters if there is even any interest in continuing the prime timeline.

I doubt that. I think this is more about trying to trick people into thinking the Discovery/JJ-verse timeline IS the original Trek timeline.

Here's my prediction : during the first season, we will see a Klingorc described as a Klingon in the Picard show. And at some point there will be a reference to Discovery, spore drive, and/or Michael Burnham. If the show continues there will be more and more such references.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sonic Glitch » Wed May 29, 2019 11:54 pm

Graham Kennedy wrote:
Atekimogus wrote:this is just them testing the waters if there is even any interest in continuing the prime timeline.

I doubt that. I think this is more about trying to trick people into thinking the Discovery/JJ-verse timeline IS the original Trek timeline.

Here's my prediction : during the first season, we will see a Klingorc described as a Klingon in the Picard show. And at some point there will be a reference to Discovery, spore drive, and/or Michael Burnham. If the show continues there will be more and more such references.

Discovery is not* in the JJ timeline. There have been no references to it at all You can tell by the inclusion of Captain Pike and the whole bit where the Enterprise isn't under construction and newly commissioned in 2259. Where do people get the idea that Discovery is meant to be part of the JJ-verse? I truly don't understand it be (this is a little off topic, feel free to kick this over to the Discovery forum)
Last edited by Sonic Glitch on Thu May 30, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Postby IanKennedy » Thu May 30, 2019 11:53 am

And yet the producers specifically say it is not JJ-verse. Repeatedly. They are legally required for it not to be also.
email, ergo spam
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sonic Glitch » Thu May 30, 2019 4:11 pm

IanKennedy wrote:And yet the producers specifically say it is not JJ-verse. Repeatedly. They are legally required for it not to be also.

D'oh! Apparently I edited out my own point. I was trying to say Discovery is not JJ-verse.

I've fixed the post
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Postby Nutso » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:11 pm

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby bladela » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:13 pm

nothing is known about any tng guest stars?
bladela
Ensign
Ensign

Postby Nutso » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:45 pm

bladela wrote:

No. Frakes is the only one I've seen dropping hints like this. But it's unclear if he's going to direct and/or guest star in the show. Frakes also posted this image previously:

Still unclear to me if this is meant as director, or if Number 1 is back.

If Brent Spiner is in the show, I hope he teases us by posting a picture of Spot.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Sonic Glitch » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:27 am

Nutso wrote:
bladela wrote:

No. Frakes is the only one I've seen dropping hints like this. But it's unclear if he's going to direct and/or guest star in the show. Frakes also posted this image previously:

Still unclear to me if this is meant as director, or if Number 1 is back.

If Brent Spiner is in the show, I hope he teases us by posting a picture of Spot.

I forget where I heard it but I'm pretty sure Frakes confirmed to direct.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby McAvoy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:08 am

Sonic Glitch wrote:
McAvoy wrote:I really got nothing from that trailer. What are we as Trek fans expecting? Is it a sci fi political series? Is it some sort of last hurrah for him? Is it passing the torch? What is this about?

"A combination of all 3."[/Bogart]
It's a teaser and we're complaining the trailer didn't give away the entire plot?

There is nothing about this trailer to complain about because there is nothing to complain about.

Honestly this sort of teaser would only appeal to the real Trek fans. They would be the ones to recognize the significance of the vineyards.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Previous

Return to STP