"Star Trek: Picard" Teaser

Star Trek : Picard
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Star Trek: Picard" Teaser

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Atekimogus wrote:this is just them testing the waters if there is even any interest in continuing the prime timeline.
I doubt that. I think this is more about trying to trick people into thinking the Discovery/JJ-verse timeline IS the original Trek timeline.

Here's my prediction : during the first season, we will see a Klingorc described as a Klingon in the Picard show. And at some point there will be a reference to Discovery, spore drive, and/or Michael Burnham. If the show continues there will be more and more such references.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Graham Kennedy wrote:
Atekimogus wrote:this is just them testing the waters if there is even any interest in continuing the prime timeline.
I doubt that. I think this is more about trying to trick people into thinking the Discovery/JJ-verse timeline IS the original Trek timeline.

Here's my prediction : during the first season, we will see a Klingorc described as a Klingon in the Picard show. And at some point there will be a reference to Discovery, spore drive, and/or Michael Burnham. If the show continues there will be more and more such references.
Discovery is not* in the JJ timeline. There have been no references to it at all You can tell by the inclusion of Captain Pike and the whole bit where the Enterprise isn't under construction and newly commissioned in 2259. Where do people get the idea that Discovery is meant to be part of the JJ-verse? I truly don't understand it be (this is a little off topic, feel free to kick this over to the Discovery forum)
Last edited by Sonic Glitch on Thu May 30, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

And yet the producers specifically say it is not JJ-verse. Repeatedly. They are legally required for it not to be also.
email, ergo spam
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

IanKennedy wrote:And yet the producers specifically say it is not JJ-verse. Repeatedly. They are legally required for it not to be also.
D'oh! Apparently I edited out my own point. I was trying to say Discovery is not JJ-verse.

I've fixed the post
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

nothing is known about any tng guest stars?
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

bladela wrote:
No. Frakes is the only one I've seen dropping hints like this. But it's unclear if he's going to direct and/or guest star in the show. Frakes also posted this image previously:

Still unclear to me if this is meant as director, or if Number 1 is back.

If Brent Spiner is in the show, I hope he teases us by posting a picture of Spot.
Stan - South Park
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Nutso wrote:
bladela wrote:
No. Frakes is the only one I've seen dropping hints like this. But it's unclear if he's going to direct and/or guest star in the show. Frakes also posted this image previously:

Still unclear to me if this is meant as director, or if Number 1 is back.

If Brent Spiner is in the show, I hope he teases us by posting a picture of Spot.
I forget where I heard it but I'm pretty sure Frakes confirmed to direct.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
McAvoy wrote:I really got nothing from that trailer. What are we as Trek fans expecting? Is it a sci fi political series? Is it some sort of last hurrah for him? Is it passing the torch? What is this about?
"A combination of all 3."[/Bogart]
It's a teaser and we're complaining the trailer didn't give away the entire plot?
There is nothing about this trailer to complain about because there is nothing to complain about.

Honestly this sort of teaser would only appeal to the real Trek fans. They would be the ones to recognize the significance of the vineyards.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

From Sir Patrick's Twitter. Man really loves dogs. Pit-bulls in particular.

https://twitter.com/startrekcbs/status/ ... 5928258561
From Star Trek on CBS Access.
Stan - South Park
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

Well, earth's f****d with a planet that close... unless that's a lens, fl... oh god its a lens flare isn't it? ... ... well we either dont watch it or can't see anything due to lens flares, either way the shows f****d.

Hey who turned my sarcasm filter off?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Why are they using the TOS font?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Probably because the people behind it have no respect for Pre-JJ Trek.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote:Probably because the people behind it have no respect for Pre-JJ Trek.
I would be willing to bet money that it wasn't a deliberate choice; that whoever made and approved that poster just saw "Star Trek Font" and assumed that they were all the same or something.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

Here's a question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited are the people here for this show right now? For me it's hovering around a 3, mostly because of who's in charge of it and the rumours I've heard about it.
AlexMcpherson79
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Graham Kennedy wrote:Here's a question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited are the people here for this show right now? For me it's hovering around a 3, mostly because of who's in charge of it and the rumours I've heard about it.
3 huh? That High?

I'd say a 1, and only because of Patrick Stewart, otherwise -10.