Rumours, news and general speculation

Discovery
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Rumours, news and general speculation

Post by DarkMoineau »

It's logical a 10 years younger Spock cannot be the same.

How were you in 2008? I was still a teenager and didn't acted like I do now. It must be the same for characters if you want them to be realistic.... But it does not mean you have to do Out Of Character. A younger version of someone is not the opposite of someone. (Same for older.... Something Ryan Johnson is unable to understand by the way... )
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

AKA, "we fucked up the Enterprise, we fucked up Pike, now we're gonna fuck up Spock!"
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Graham Kennedy wrote:AKA, "we fucked up the Enterprise, we fucked up Pike, now we're gonna fuck up Spock!"
How have they fucked up Pike yet?
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

DarkMoineau wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:AKA, "we fucked up the Enterprise, we fucked up Pike, now we're gonna fuck up Spock!"
Only judging from the trailer (which is all they've given us to judge), but that certainly didn't feel anything like the tired, used up guy we saw in The Cage.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Indeed.... even Kirk in Beyond look more Pike than Pike from the trailer....

But trailer can lie.... look at Deadpool 2 and the X-Force.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Graham Kennedy wrote:
DarkMoineau wrote:
Only judging from the trailer (which is all they've given us to judge), but that certainly didn't feel anything like the tired, used up guy we saw in The Cage.
Yes, and the Cage was ~2 years before we see Captain Pike again. Are you saying it is I impossible for him to have recovered from his malaise? Hell, we've seen tired washed-up officers recover before -- in fact there's a whole series about it.

As for the Enterprise, well I like it but opinions can differ. If we can accept Kirstie Alley and Robin Curtis are still Saavik, why can't we accept updated ship graphics?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:Yes, and the Cage was ~2 years before we see Captain Pike again. Are you saying it is I impossible for him to have recovered from his malaise?
Impossible? No. It wouldn't be impossible to show him having decided to leave Starfleet and enrol in Clown School, either. But just ebcause things are possible, that doesn't make them a good idea.
As for the Enterprise, well I like it but opinions can differ. If we can accept Kirstie Alley and Robin Curtis are still Saavik, why can't we accept updated ship graphics?
I accepted Robin Curtis as Saavik because I know that they wanted Kirstie back but had accidentally/incompetently decided not to write sequels into her contract, and so been faced with having to pay somebody who was now waaaay more famous than she had been two years ago a good deal more money, which they could not afford. In short, because they were forced into it by circumstance.

That's a rather different prospect than saying "You know what? The original looked awful, but we want to stick our show there anyway for some reason, so we'll just rewrite the original. Then we'll crow to everyone over and over about how we're being respectful to the original as we shit all over it."

Sorry. I get a bit ragey over this.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

“You’re gonna be blown away that the Klingons have a new look going into season 2.”

https://twitter.com/startrekcbs/status/ ... 5337286656
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

They'll have tentacles. And four arses each.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So Ethan Peck will be the new Spock in Discovery.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Habemus Spockum then, as I read somewhere.

I have no idea who this guy is.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Apparently he's Gregory Peck's grandkid.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Makeup Designer Glenn Hetrick Predicts “Freak Out” Over Season 2 Klingons
He also noted that the hairless Klingons of season one were inspired by the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode “Rightful Heir,” which told the story of how Kahless cut off a lock of his hair and threw it into a volcano to make the first bat’leth.

Now in a new FYC Emmy interview with Syfy focusing on work for the first season, Hetrick also spoke a little bit about season two, and specifically about that story of Kahless, saying:

“We’re obsessed with that story,” Hetrick said. “And as we unpack it, we’re going to find tons of other reasons for the Klingon look” — which is going to change in season two, he promised. “I think people are going to freak out when this unfurls in front of them.”
In the Syfy interview Hetrick also again noted how we have only seen six of the twenty-four Klingon Houses, indicating there is more to the Discovery Klingons to reveal. The makeup artist has already developed backstories and designs for other houses. And in his panel, he made it pretty clear that at least some will be more familiar to fans. He has yet to say definitively that we will see Klingons with hair, but he has come close to it. Hopefully, we will get a real glimpse before early 2019 when the second season premieres. Until then, we always have Photoshop.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The rumour circulating is that they're going to claim that the Klingons as a species often try to assimilate DNA from other races to improve themselves and make themselves better warriors.
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Ok so the team doing Discovery is conscious to have upset fans and try to "synchronise" canon by doing more shits...

I am sure they are going to say it's all fault of the Augment virus ^^