CBS orders third Star Trek Series

Discovery
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

CBS orders third Star Trek Series

Post by T'Pau »

NEW YORK (AP) — CBS All Access is bringing back Spock for its third full live action show in the “Star Trek” universe, ordering a new series set in the years before Capt. James T. Kirk helmed the U.S.S. Enterprise.

“Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” will star Anson Mount as Capt. Christopher Pike, Rebecca Romijn as Number One and Ethan Peck as Science Officer Spock.

It will be the third show in the Alex Kurtzman-pioneered Trekverse after “Star Trek: Discovery” and “Star Trek: Picard.” Peck, Mount and Romijn will be reprising their respective roles from Season 2 of “Discovery.”

“Fans fell in love with Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck’s portrayals of these iconic characters when they were first introduced on 'Star Trek: Discovery' last season,” said Julie McNamara, executive vice president and head of programming at CBS All Access. “This new series will be a perfect complement to the franchise, bringing a whole new perspective and series of adventures to ‘Star Trek.’”
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: CBS orders third Star Trek Series

Post by McAvoy »

Pike and Enterprise was a highlight of Discovery season 2. Maybe this will be a brighter more optimistic future than Picard or Discovery.

Though I do question the wisdom of having three series on at the same time (not at all at once).
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

I'd imagine that none of them will be showing new episodes at the same time. Much like when Picard was airing, there was no Discovery, and so on.

I agree that those characters and actors were a highlight of DSC season 2 and seemingly there were enough others who agreed.

Wonder if the Michelle Yeoh show about Section 13 will ever make it to screen. Her portrayal of Mirrorverse Giorgiu was priceless!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Doh, I just posted this in general star trek.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-