Call of Cthulhu RPG Discussion

Uzume
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Call of Cthulhu RPG

Post by Uzume »

Hey guys, my characters are ready to die..... I got a criminal, an artist, and a tavern owner who goes by Cookie, just Cookie. You Miskatonic alumni might be familiar with my establishment in Arkham: The Rock Lobster Tavern. :wink:

This is gonna be soooooooooooo much Fk'n FUN!
Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter. - Anonymous
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

It will be, yes.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Okay, so I'm about ready to go on this; I need completed character sheets before Friday from anyone who hasn't already given them to me.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Okay, so I'm about ready to go on this; I need completed character sheets before Friday from anyone who hasn't already given them to me.
I think I sent you everything... let me know if you didn't get the language skills correction for Zelman or the handgun correction for R. Wessex.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Go ahead and send those again, just to be safe.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Did you get my 3 through ok?

Also I assume once this thing starts I'll be allowed to read stuff in the role- play section. It'll be a rather boring investigation for me otherwise :)
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

colmquinn wrote:Did you get my 3 through ok?

Also I assume once this thing starts I'll be allowed to read stuff in the role- play section. It'll be a rather boring investigation for me otherwise :)
Indeed I did.

Here's how I figure this going, gameplay-wise: We'll have one thread for discussion, one for orders (You: Billy looks in the well, does he see anything? Me: he sees a Formless Spawn racing up the ancient, moss-covered stones, straight at his face. You: AAAAAHH!!!), and a third thread to write out what happens in descriptive format.

Anyone who isn't super comfortable writing out the events can let me do it, though they will mostly be paragraph length. Dialogue between characters and assorted roleplay will be in the third thread as well.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

You'll give us game-play results in the "actions" thread and let us write them up in the narrative thread, then?
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:You'll give us game-play results in the "actions" thread and let us write them up in the narrative thread, then?
Correct.

Some results (and tests) will be via PM, if I think an individual notices something that others wouldn't, for example.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Okay, all systems go for this one. I'll start as soon as the new subforum is set up. :)
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Okay, all systems go for this one. I'll start as soon as the new subforum is set up. :)
All done... Let me know if it doesn't work as I'm off on holiday on Sunday for three weeks :)
email, ergo spam
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: Call of Cthulhu RPG Discussion

Post by Lighthawk »

So, getting started...should we bring in all of our characters, or just start with one showing up for now? And you do want us to establish our intentions in the orders thread for that first?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lighthawk wrote:So, getting started...should we bring in all of our characters, or just start with one showing up for now?
If you want, you could have your characters travel together, or they could arrive separately.
Lighthawk wrote:And you do want us to establish our intentions in the orders thread for that first?
At this point, it's pretty much all intro/roleplay, so you can just arrive and get settled. Every room has a speaking tube and electric lamps.

Once we all arrive, Alexander will hold a meeting in the den to explain the situation.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'll try to start working on at least one of my two intro posts, but I might be internet-less for a while depending on Hurricane Irene's whim.

Are we arriving for dinner, or after dinner?
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Prior to, mostly. Dinner will be at 9:00 PM. Ibrahim will fetch snacks and whatever drinks you can think of, for the most part.