Capaldi to leave Doctor Who

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Capaldi to leave Doctor Who

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Source
Actor Peter Capaldi is stepping down from the lead role in the BBC sci-fi series Doctor Who. Capaldi shocked fans by making the announcement during a BBC Radio 2 show with presenter Jo Whiley.

He said he will leave Doctor Who at the end of the year. "I feel it’s time to move on," he said. The 58-year-old Glasgow-born star became the 12th actor to play the Doctor in 2013. While speaking about the forthcoming 10th series, he said it would be his last.

"I feel sad, I love Doctor Who, it is a fantastic programme to work on," he said. "It can't praise the people I work with more highly, but I have always been someone that did a lot of different things."

He said he was asked to stay on after his contract ran out, but he wanted to move on to other challenges. The new series airs in spring and Capaldi said his final episode will be shown at Christmas.

In his interview, Capaldi assured listeners that he is still Doctor Who at the moment, as filming in ongoing.

The next series will also be the last with Steven Moffat, lead writer and executive producer, at the helm.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Capaldi to leave Doctor Who

Post by Reliant121 »

This saddens me. I really like Capaldi though I appreciate he's divided opinion. I like his combative nature, the way he can launch into quite a scathing rant to get his point across. He's, to me, the most reminiscent of properly old classic Who. I know Tennant will go down in history as the favourite of new who's Doctors but he's not for me I'm afraid.