Series 9 Prologue

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Series 9 Prologue

Post by Nutso »

New Series Prologue
Doctor Who Series 9 starts here, with this prologue to episode 1.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: Series 9 Prologue

Post by Jim »

I am really looking forward to season 9 starting so that the little blond boy-girl on BBC America will go away. I don't actually care about the unisex thing she got going, frankly it is the only interesting thing about her. Not entertaining, not engaging... Maybe being drunk while cooking brings out something... but sober talking Dr.Who just doesn't work for ya.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Jim wrote:I am really looking forward to season 9 starting so that the little blond boy-girl on BBC America will go away. I don't actually care about the unisex thing she got going, frankly it is the only interesting thing about her. Not entertaining, not engaging... Maybe being drunk while cooking brings out something... but sober talking Dr.Who just doesn't work for ya.
Say what now? "little blond boy-girl on BBC America"
email, ergo spam
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

BBCA is doing a thing called "Doctor Who's Finest" for the last month or so, replaying the "best" episodes from the current series (current season 1-8). The host is the person that I am talking about. I forget her name at the moment. Every commercial break for every show on BBCA she pops up to say watch the Doctor's Finest. Every commercial break while watching Who she is on twice. Something about her voice (nails on a chalkboard) and she just isn't engaging to me... I figure that once the new season starts she will go away.

She became "famous" via cooking drunk on Youtube ... ? She is also involved in gender issues so I guess BBCA was trying to cash in on the Jenner thing that was going on when they were casting for the "Finest" host. Hire someone that was involved with the show, even an one episode gest or something, or someone involved with science fiction or something like that. I just find her grating (personal opinion only) and turn the channel when she pops up, "Hello Whovians!" ...click... (channel changing)
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Ah, OK, we're not aware of that over here. I'm thinking you mean this person, from a little goggling.

email, ergo spam
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Yep

Every commercial break...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Yep. I don't give a skinny rat's ass about her lifestyle preferences or self-identification - she's annoying through sheer overload and lack of raison d'etre.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The discussion of beers has been split to here.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.