SF Debris: Blink

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SF Debris: Blink

Post by Captain Seafort »

Linky

Chuck takes a look at the best Doctor Who story since the Curse of Fenric. The only time in the new series that I've felt a shiver up my spine, and the old urge to dive behind the nearest sofa.

In response to Chuck's slight issues with the story, I think the fact that we know so little about Sally Sparrow is part of why the story works. She's enough of a character to want her to succeed, but enough of a blank slate to draw the audience in, to make it easy to imagine themselves in her shoes. As for the ending, I think she was sufficiently insistent that they just ran a shop together to raise questions about who she was trying to convince.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: SF Debris: Blink

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Yeah, great review of a total classic. And I loved that dig at 'Kill the Moon', too. :D
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

One of my all time faves. Funny, scary, sad (Billys hospital scene manages to be way more emotional then any of the so called tear jerking episodes later on - quite a feat for a character we'd just been introduced to).

Sally Sparrow would have made a great companion.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Yeah... but I'm not mad she wasn't made one.