S35E11: Dark Water [spoilers]

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

S35E11: Dark Water [spoilers]

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starts in an hour.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: S35E11: Dark Water [spoilers]

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Ha! Missy is the Master!

Finally confirming once and for all that Time Lords can and do change gender when they regenerate.

Love, love, love this episode. The skeletons turning out to be Cybermen was an excellent and creepy moment, amongst many great creepy moments.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Aye - from her being identified as a Time Lord (or Lady) until that moment I was expecting Romana.

It's a pity they'd announced that the Cybermen would be turning up - it meant that as soon as they mentioned exoskeletons and the water making only organic matter visible it was obvious what they were.

Funniest moment has to be the psychic paper "Government inspection. But why is there so much swearing?" :lol:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I hadn't heard the Cybermen were returning - I've been avoiding spoilers. I twigged what the skeletons were at just the right time to make it an "oh shit" moment. Love that dark water idea! Who writers do come up with some of the most interesting ideas...

So, who thinks that a future female Doctor has now become rather more likely?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Loved it. Danny better be dead for good though.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Graham Kennedy wrote:I hadn't heard the Cybermen were returning - I've been avoiding spoilers. I twigged what the skeletons were at just the right time to make it an "oh shit" moment. Love that dark water idea! Who writers do come up with some of the most interesting ideas...

*Raises hand* They'd damned well better do it!
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Captain Seafort wrote:Aye - from her being identified as a Time Lord (or Lady) until that moment I was expecting Romana.

It's a pity they'd announced that the Cybermen would be turning up - it meant that as soon as they mentioned exoskeletons and the water making only organic matter visible it was obvious what they were.
I forgot about the Cybermen in the finale until that doorway closed and that familiar shape appeared. Then I figured out the water skeletons were Cybermen. D'oh!

I thought Missy = Mistress = Master was too obvious to be true. I could never guess for certain though. I was expecting The Rani, a known villainous Time Lady and someone we haven't seen in a long time, until that final moment. When the Doctor paused after having his hand placed on her chest, I guessed it wasn't because of breasts. The episode later went out of its way to show The Doctor doesn't understand sexuality that way when he was confused as to why Dr. Chang wants to replace pool water with the dark water.

Something I noticed was the Cyberman in the room with Clara. The name on its tomb is Dr. Skarosa. Is this a reference or something for the future?
Last edited by Nutso on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:I hadn't heard the Cybermen were returning - I've been avoiding spoilers. I twigged what the skeletons were at just the right time to make it an "oh shit" moment. Love that dark water idea! Who writers do come up with some of the most interesting ideas...

Sure. If this happens, then would this mean more male companions than there have been in the past?
Stan - South Park
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I'm loving the rather obvious alias and team-up that will inevitably backfire. We're definitely drawing from the Delgado Playbook this time around.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I actually enjoyed this one, probably the first of the new series I have really enjoyed.

I would definitely now expect a female Doctor at some point, now that we know it is possible.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:I actually enjoyed this one, probably the first of the new series I have really enjoyed.
Really? To each there own then, the only one I haven't enjoyed is that forest one. Actually, i think series 8 is the best NuWho has had to offer.

Disappointed about the Cybermen being overshadowed again though, unless they bring it back with an epic betrayal I think I'll still consider NuWho to contain Zero good Cybermen stories.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference?" :cry:

The Doctor isn't human. I couldn't forgive that betrayal for 1,000 years if I could.
Stan - South Park
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Griffin wrote:
Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:I actually enjoyed this one, probably the first of the new series I have really enjoyed.
Really? To each there own then, the only one I haven't enjoyed is that forest one.
Yeah, I just haven't really been drawn into them like the last few series.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:"Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference?" :cry:

The Doctor isn't human. I couldn't forgive that betrayal for 1,000 years if I could.
Same, here. And that was really the only part of the episode I didn't like.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I am just confused as to where the "The master is still alive" "The master can intercept souls after death" "The Cybermen have something to do with afterlife" "Don't cremate me" stuff is all going.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...