S35E10: In the Forest of the Night [spoilers]

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

S35E10: In the Forest of the Night [spoilers]

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starts in an hour.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: S35E10: In the Forest of the Night [spoilers]

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

God I hated this episode in almost every single way. The science was bad, and not in a WHo way. The kids were bad. There were some damned unfriendly lessons there. Don't take your medication and listen to what the voices tell you! :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: The Doc and the TARDIS were almost useless and that should never happen. Just... wow.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Couldn't agree more.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

They need to loose the school and the kids, it's just awful. If that requires throwing Jenna Coleman out of an airlock then so be it. The other thing is just how old are these kids mean to be? This is meant to be a secondary school, if so why has it got what appeared to be 8 year olds in it?

Don't get me started on the little yellow pixies that somehow keep saving the planet and everyone forgetting that it's happened. Except when they don't of cause.
email, ergo spam
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I have not liked this entire season yet. At first I thought that it was just the new Doctor, but I have come to realize that it is the writing overall. I do not think that any of the individual stories have been very good. The fact that I can not recall them all off hand helps to prove that. However, shrink us down so that we can walk around inside a dalek? Spider things on the moon, with scraping the bottom of the barrel astronauts? This season is falling flat for sure.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I agree, Jim. I can't seem to get into this series at all. This episode definitely hit the top of the sh*t list.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Oh I'm pretty sure I will never forget that Flower Power saved the Earth.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Yeah, the whole 'humanity will forget' thing that's been a running theme through new Who overall is pissing me off. And the thing is, I really like Capaldi as the Doc. But it's like Colin Baker all over again! Awesome Doctor, shitty scripts!