S35E3: Robot of Sherwood [spoilers]

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

S35E3: Robot of Sherwood [spoilers]

Post by Nutso »

Great episode for Peter Capaldi. Loved the rivalry between his Doctor and Robin of Loxley. A bit of ham from that Sheriff.
Slick.

Not too invested in the rest of it. The robots and the explodey ship.

The final scene between The Doctor and Robin were inspiring. Robin points out the parallels between himself and The Doctor. I thinks the episode was about the good of legends. I hope this means something in the future. "History is a burden. Stories can make us fly." The Doctor is unknowingly remaking his own legend again?

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: S35E3: Robot of Sherwood [spoilers]

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I loved this episode. It was so fun for me. And yeah, the final conversation between the Doc and Robin was quite nice and somewhat meta.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

It was an enjoyable romp. And after Name of the Doctor, Day of the Doctor, The Light at the End, the Destiny of the Doctor series, Prisoners of time, Spare Parts*, Time of the Doctor and the other two of the series a non arc-heavy episode without one of the big name baddies has been well over-due. For me this is very much one of the ones you forget about, but are a hidden gem upon rewatch.

Though I'm not sure how the arrow hitting hull of the ship would help, and in the final cut makes the Sheriff's talk of Half-man half-machine comes from nowhere. (But that's because this scene was cut due to recent events)

*Yeah, that one's on me, but it WAS on a ridiculous sale and is fantastic.
Last edited by Griffin on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bite my shiny metal ass
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Thanks for the link, Griffin. *Watches* Yeah, that scene doesn't really add anything. I'm glad it was cut.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Not really my type of episode, but I thought it was brilliantly done. And the Doctor threatening to punch Robin Hood in the face pretty much makes him the best Doctor ever.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Doctor Who Robot Of Sherwood: 8 Continuity References You Might Have Missed. I missed all of these. How could I miss Venusian Aikido?!
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park