S35E1: Deep Breath [spoilers]

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

S35E1: Deep Breath [spoilers]

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starts at 1950. I've got high hopes for Capaldi.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: S35E1: Deep Breath

Post by Nutso »

It's today!? Holy shit. When can I watch it?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

1950 BST in the UK. I don't know about your side of the pond.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Got it:
Watch the 80-minute Season 8 premiere of Doctor Who on Saturday, August 23rd at 7:50pm on BBC One in the United Kingdom and at 8:00pm ET/PT on BBC America in the United States.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Seafort, is there some kind of Brazilian trampoline dance with men going on on BBC1 now? No wait one's a woman.
Stan - South Park
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Yep, so you should be able to see DW in a bit over an hour.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Captain Seafort wrote:Yep, so you should be able to see DW in a bit over an hour.
I was looking at a stream because I thought I wouldn't get to see Doctor Who. However I see that I have BBC America on cable. So I won't need the stream. Got my fingers crossed for this. I hope it's great.
Stan - South Park
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

So, on the whole that was alright. Predictably, we won't get a decent look at Twelve (Fourteen? Another One?) until the next episode, but by and large it's looking promising. The episode could definitely have done without Eleven showing up at the end, and the very notion of Vastra and Strax wandering round unremarked is bloody stupid. On a brighter note it will be interesting to see if there'll be any more references to the resemblance to Caecilius, and by inference to Commander Maxil.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Best of the NuWho new-regen episodes IMO.
Captain Seafort wrote: On a brighter note it will be interesting to see if there'll be any more references to the resemblance to Caecilius, and by inference to Commander Maxil.
And, technically, the resemblance to the actor John Hurt.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Griffin wrote:And, technically, the resemblance to the actor John Hurt.
Eh? Peter Capaldi and John Hurt look nothing like each other.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

He doesn't look like Colin Baker either, I was refering to the fact that John hurt was mentioned in an episode of Torchwood.

On a different matter, I like the new opening titles but I really hope that's not what the time vortex looks like now.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Griffin wrote:He doesn't look like Colin Baker either, I was refering to the fact that John hurt was mentioned in an episode of Torchwood.
Fair enough - I don't remember that.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I watched the stream. I couldn't resist in the end. Missed the beginning but caught the title.

First thing, there were no commercial interruptions. Is this what British TV is like?

Secondly and more importantly, I liked this episode. A lot of tension, and also some heartache moments. I liked Clara a lot, loved the vulnerability as well as strength she displayed. Strax is great as always. The Doctor, while liking Peter Capaldi, the Doctor isn't the wacky alien I'm used to. I can't figure anything out about him without Matt Smith's Doctor telling me he's scared. I think that's important and it's intriguing to me. It's a nice teaser into the 12th/13th or 14th Doctor. Two mysteries as well: Did The Doctor throw him off, and who is this girlfriend?[Can't wait for episode 2.

I also feel there's a bit of Moffit talking to the fans when Vastra and Clara have that talk about liking the new Doctor.

I got another question about British TV. Is trampoline dancing a popular activity in the United Kingdom?
Last edited by Nutso on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stan - South Park
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Nutso wrote:
First thing, there were no commercial interruptions. Is this what British TV is like?
On BBC channels, yes. The BBC is funded through the tax payer.All the other channels have commercials though.

Could've done with one tonight though, I was holding in a piss since they set the dinosaur on fire.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Griffin wrote:
Nutso wrote:
On BBC channels, yes. The BBC is funded through the tax payer.All the other channels have commercials though.

Could've done with one tonight though, I was holding in a piss since they set the dinosaur on fire.
Me too. That's why I noticed there were no commercials. :oops:
Stan - South Park