SF Debris: Time of the Doctor

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

SF Debris: Time of the Doctor

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Link.

Haven't had a chance to watch it, though.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: SF Debris: Time of the Doctor

Post by Captain Seafort »

As Graham said at the time...meh. Another regeneration story that was trying too hard, another round of the Doctor suffering fatal damage and wandering around for a while a la The End of Time, and another variation on the RTD-approved Time Lord Regeneration PoseTM.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Yeah, finished it not long after I put this up. Underdone's a good way to put it. I HATED the almost rapid-fire 'explanations' of the Silents, the Cracks and all the other previous mysteries. And the Silents as father Confessors or whatever makes NO DAMNED SENSE!
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I think it has the oppostie problem to End of time , Where EOT probably would have been better in one episode (Or not made at all, maybe Adelaide Brooke should've shot him at then end of Waters of Mars) I think TotD would be vastly improved by being a two parter.

The Silence as confessors makes sense to me though, since they have the whole post-hypnotic suggestion thing. Presumably you tell them whatever you've done, ate before thanking god for inventing agriculture or doing things on a saturday, whatever it is these religous types fin horrific, then the silence tells you to feel better and know that god forgives you, or something.

I'm not sure what's so ridiculous about the town being named Christmas, either. Given that it's a picture postcard town in perptual dusk that farms snow which was built by humans I'd find it more ridiculous if somebody hadn't named it Christmas.
Bite my shiny metal ass
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I have no problem with it named Christmas, either. There's more than one town named 'Hell', IIRC.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Maybe Chuck thinks the town should be called, "Happy Holidays," so no one's offended? :P
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park