The Doctor's new outfit

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Doctor's new outfit

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The BBC has revealed the outfit Capaldi will be wearing as the Doctor :

As they say :
Sporting a dark blue Crombie coat with red lining, dark blue trousers, a white shirt as well as black Dr. Marten shoes, the look was created by Doctor Who costume designer Howard Burden.

Commenting on his costume, Peter Capaldi said: “He’s woven the future from the cloth of the past. Simple, stark, and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 per cent Rebel Time Lord.”
I like it, mostly. Though Matt Smith began to wear a variety of outfits after a while, IIRC. He kept the signature bow tie and always stuck to a similar style, but changed the actual outfit quite regularly. Personally I'd like if Capaldi did the same. There's really no sensible reason why the Doctor should wear the same clothes all the time.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Re: The Doctor's new outfit

Post by Spocky »

This was my post on the thread about this in the Ten Forward section of the STO Forums.

As I posted on the FAcebook pic, I think it is "Awful. Dull and boring." He seems to be a poor Jon Pertwee copy. I then realised something. Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant were like William Hartnell (ish) and Matt Smith was like Patrick Troughton, and now Peter Ca-idiot-i is doing a poor impression of Jon Pertwee.

Will Doctor 13/14/15/2 be like Tom Baker? That's what I'd like to know. Also, how long till Doctor 13/14/15/2 comes? I hope it is only one series, like Christopher Eccleston, and that it has the same effect on his "career."

EDIT: Wow, this may be my longest post ever. It goes to show that I get quite passionate about Doctor Who.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showt ... p?t=996261 if anyone is interested.

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/ ... octor3.jpg This is what I mean about him being a poor Jon Pertwee copy.

EDITEDEDIT:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NQp6kN40bH0/U ... apaldi.jpg This is a better comparison.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I love it, I like how it's much more subtle yet not boring like Ecclestons and Tennants.

I'm also loving all these Pertwee vibe given off in the promo pics, hope we get a more Pertwee esque doctor and it's not just all a ruse.
Spocky wrote:This was my post on the thread about this in the Ten Forward section of the STO Forums.

As I posted on the FAcebook pic, I think it is "Awful. Dull and boring." He seems to be a poor Jon Pertwee copy. I then realised something. Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant were like William Hartnell (ish) and Matt Smith was like Patrick Troughton, and now Peter Ca-idiot-i is doing a poor impression of Jon Pertwee.

Will Doctor 13/14/15/2 be like Tom Baker? That's what I'd like to know. Also, how long till Doctor 13/14/15/2 comes? I hope it is only one series, like Christopher Eccleston, and that it has the same effect on his "career."

EDIT: Wow, this may be my longest post ever. It goes to show that I get quite passionate about Doctor Who.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showt ... p?t=996261 if anyone is interested.

http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/ ... octor3.jpg This is what I mean about him being a poor Jon Pertwee copy.

EDITEDEDIT:http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NQp6kN40bH0/U ... apaldi.jpg This is a better comparison.
Peter Ca-idiot-i? How clever, did you come up with that all by yourself? :roll:
Bite my shiny metal ass
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

GrahamKennedy wrote:The BBC has revealed the outfit Capaldi will be wearing as the Doctor :

As they say :
Sporting a dark blue Crombie coat with red lining, dark blue trousers, a white shirt as well as black Dr. Marten shoes, the look was created by Doctor Who costume designer Howard Burden.

Commenting on his costume, Peter Capaldi said: “He’s woven the future from the cloth of the past. Simple, stark, and back to basics. No frills, no scarf, no messing, just 100 per cent Rebel Time Lord.”
I like it, mostly. Though Matt Smith began to wear a variety of outfits after a while, IIRC. He kept the signature bow tie and always stuck to a similar style, but changed the actual outfit quite regularly. Personally I'd like if Capaldi did the same. There's really no sensible reason why the Doctor should wear the same clothes all the time.
Dayum. Three-piece suit?! Probably spend the majority of the time without the jacket. Red interior makes me think of Dracula.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Definitely very styling. Although the pose makes it look like he's about to shoot webbing. ;)
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Or Force lightning.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Captain Seafort wrote:Or Force lightning.
Or both?
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Having now seen him in costume in the flesh, I've gotta say I love it even more. Looks wise I think Capaldi looks best out of all Post-2005 Doctor's.
GrahamKennedy wrote: I like it, mostly. Though Matt Smith began to wear a variety of outfits after a while, IIRC. He kept the signature bow tie and always stuck to a similar style, but changed the actual outfit quite regularly. Personally I'd like if Capaldi did the same. There's really no sensible reason why the Doctor should wear the same clothes all the time.
Looks like you're in luck Graham, in the scene I saw being shot the white shirt had been switched out for a black one, so it looks like there's at least going to be some variation.
Bite my shiny metal ass
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Well, thanks for the good news, Griffin. :D I do like a bit of variety, and Doctor Who's had a lot of that.
Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spocky »

Speaking of DW, I may as well use this topic rather then starting a new one.

http://www.dailymotion.com/greendude33

That has every classic DW (Other than the CB dalek story) on there, including reconstructions (similer to the Tenth Planet video) of all the missing episodes. Bit of advice though, avoid Paradise Towers at all costs.