New Doctor this Christmas

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: New Doctor this Christmas

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Jim wrote:Actually, I would not mind a major change in the Doctor. Either to a woman or to someone that is... physically imposing. I realize that part of the lore of the Doctor is that he appears harmless... but a change would be nice for a while.
I saw a picture of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson coming out of the TARDIS recently. It would be especially interesting if he was super mild-mannered. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Jim wrote:Actually, I would not mind a major change in the Doctor. Either to a woman or to someone that is... physically imposing. I realize that part of the lore of the Doctor is that he appears harmless... but a change would be nice for a while.
Or go best of both worlds: Rupaul.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Jim wrote:someone that is... physically imposing. I realize that part of the lore of the Doctor is that he appears harmless...
Hardly. Troughton or McCoy might have been relatively slight, but both the Bakers were well over six foot and very solidly built.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
I saw a picture of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson coming out of the TARDIS recently. It would be especially interesting if he was super mild-mannered. :lol:
It would only work if he gives the Master a Rock Bottom followed by a People's Elbow. :D
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Jim wrote:someone that is... physically imposing. I realize that part of the lore of the Doctor is that he appears harmless...
Hardly. Troughton or McCoy might have been relatively slight, but both the Bakers were well over six foot and very solidly built.
Being tall does not make one physically imposing. Tom Baker's #4 didn't seem like he could hurt a fly. Colin Baker's #6 was a technicolor snob. Neither of them would make someone consider crossing the street.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:
It would only work if he gives the Master a Rock Bottom followed by a People's Elbow. :D
"FINALLY... the Doctor has come BACK ... to ... Skaro!"
- "EXTERMINATE"
"Know your role and shut your mouth!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Jim wrote:Being tall does not make one physically imposing.
Which is why I specifically referred to those two, because they weren't just tall but broad, and not Davison and Pertwee, both of whom were also over six foot.
Tom Baker's #4 didn't seem like he could hurt a fly.
A gentle manner does not make a physically imposing individual less so.
Colin Baker's #6 was a technicolor snob.
And notoriously prone to violence.
Neither of them would make someone consider crossing the street.
So you're not talking about "physically imposing" at all - you're talking about being intimidating.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Captain Seafort wrote:So you're not talking about "physically imposing" at all - you're talking about being intimidating.
I consider them potentially interchangable. No Doctor has been physically imposing nor intimidating. Maybe I have a different view point because I am 6'4 and "big boned"... It is an overall attitude, look, manner, etc.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Oddly, I tend to be more "intimidated" by short, wiry guys; they're fast. Hard to get in a triangle.

How many of the Doctors have employed direct physical violence, exactly?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Oddly, I tend to be more "intimidated" by short, wiry guys; they're fast. Hard to get in a triangle.

Bruce Lee was very intimidating... and he was tiny.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Oddly, I tend to be more "intimidated" by short, wiry guys; they're fast. Hard to get in a triangle.

The Third, and I'm certain most of the rest got into at least one scrape or two.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Well, perhaps a return to a more aggressive Doctor would be a change of pace, then.
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

I wouldn't mind a female doctor I think it would be a interesting switch up for the show. The only person I wouldn't want to see in the role for the doctor if he regenerates into a woman would be Alex Kingston, I had enough of her as River Song.
Genius insania et conseri manum
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Foxfyre wrote:I wouldn't mind a female doctor I think it would be a interesting switch up for the show. The only person I wouldn't want to see in the role for the doctor if he regenerates into a woman would be Alex Kingston, I had enough of her as River Song.

Actually... a female Doctor meeting up with River Song could get... interesting... :shock:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Foxfyre wrote:I wouldn't mind a female doctor I think it would be a interesting switch up for the show. The only person I wouldn't want to see in the role for the doctor if he regenerates into a woman would be Alex Kingston, I had enough of her as River Song.
I heard Lena Headey's name tossed about recently; that would be interesting.