50th Anniversary news-spoilers within

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

50th Anniversary news-spoilers within

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

No Classic Doctors in 50th Anniversary.
According to Doctor Who Magazine, David Tennant will be the only returning Doctor. The new issue (#460) confirms that no other classic Doctors will be back.

The mag states: “Although David Tennant has returned to his role of the Tenth Doctor, the other old Doctors will not be taking part.”

They confirm earlier reports that Christopher Eccleston was initially approached to reprise his role, but was unable to do so.

Citing an earlier quote from Steven Moffat: “It is important you don’t turn it into a fanfest. We can’t make this all about looking backwards. It’s actually got to be the start of a new story.”

They also report that filming on the 50th is near completion, with production on 2013 Christmas Special “and possibly further episodes” starting after Matt Smith works on the film How to Catch a Monster.
Seriously? I mean-seriously? No, the fiftieth anniversary special is the perfect time to look back, you fucking idiot! :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :madashell: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: 50th Anniversary news-spoilers within

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Kinda hard to explain why they'd be so old. *shrug*
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Tsukiyumi wrote:Kinda hard to explain why they'd be so old. *shrug*
Suspension of disbelief. Just mumble 'time differential' and I think most would be happy. Oh, and a wig.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I mean, to really go for it, they could use that de-aging CGI trick they came up with for Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I mean, to really go for it, they could use that de-aging CGI trick they came up with for Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy.
Might it cost a bit much for a TV show?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

It's a big episode, and the cost of that has to have gone down in the last few years.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

One of the biggest things that sets me off is the 'this isn't a time to be looking back'. Ah... yes. It IS a time to look back, reflect on what's passed and pay it respect. That's what usually happens during milestone celebrations like this.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:One of the biggest things that sets me off is the 'this isn't a time to be looking back'. Ah... yes. It IS a time to look back, reflect on what's passed and pay it respect. That's what usually happens during milestone celebrations like this.
It can backfire though. The 30th, for example. Never in the history of sci-fi have planet-smashing weapons been so sorely missed.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Captain Seafort wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:One of the biggest things that sets me off is the 'this isn't a time to be looking back'. Ah... yes. It IS a time to look back, reflect on what's passed and pay it respect. That's what usually happens during milestone celebrations like this.
It can backfire though. The 30th, for example. Never in the history of sci-fi have planet-smashing weapons been so sorely missed.
I've always explained that one as:

Brigadier: "Doctor, remember that time we got smashed and ended up on the set of Eastenders?" ;)

Right now, it's not Three or Five Doctors. It's Two Doctors, and that serial trumps this one by not being an anniversary special but having as many Doctors in it.